Author Topic: CoW Flash Contest  (Read 6317 times)

Deborah L. Davitt

• Matross
on: September 10, 2020, 05:53:20 PM
I realize that there's a lot of collating, stripping of names, and changing fonts to forum-standard italics and underlines to be done, but I haven't seen mention of when the in-forum contest for the most recent flash call will be held. Have I missed the announcement somewhere?

Thank you!

DarrellStanding

• Peltast
Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 07:46:19 PM
Uh, me too?  No schedule?  No teaser? Are we just being too impatient?

jonasdias

• Extern
Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 02:45:16 AM
I'm also anxious!! However, based on previous contests I guess it may take more than a month so they can organise everything and put it here. Early October, maybe 🤔

silverpine

• Lochage
Reply #3 on: September 15, 2020, 10:13:28 AM
I'd also like to know when it starts. :) Some kind of estimate would be great!

CanopyFinisher

• Extern
Reply #4 on: September 15, 2020, 02:52:50 PM
In the words of Richard Nixon, "Uh, I'd also like to express my fondness for that particular beer."

Sometimes you're the Pentium, sometimes you're the fatal system error

MilvusScribe

• Extern
    • @MilvusScribe
Reply #5 on: September 16, 2020, 02:42:28 PM
throwing my hat in to say, I too, would love to know when the contest judging begins! <3

Karissa

• Autarch
Reply #6 on: September 19, 2020, 07:37:48 PM
Hi Everyone! I'm one of the assistant editors at Cast of Wonders and I've volunteered to head up the Flash Fiction Contest this year. I'm working solo, so things are moving along as quickly as I can get to them, and I've appreciated everyone's patience. I can tell you that as of Friday 9/18/2020 I finished reviewing all the stories (over 160 submissions!) and responding to them (if needed). So now that I've been able to make sure our submissions have met all the contest requirements, I'm ready to move on with setting up the contest in the forum. However, I'm new to administrating in the forum, so I'd like to spend a little time working on getting familiar and making sure I'm setting up everything right.

I also need a little time to get the stories organized into the groups and etc. Therefore, It looks like October 5th, 2020 would  be the earliest I'd feel comfortable with starting the contest.

I hope to get the rules and so forth set up and posted in the next week in a new sub forum (or child board) so check back here for updates. We'll also be posting on our social media accounts (facebook and twitter) and on our website too, so be sure to check those locations as well.

Thanks again for your patience and good luck to all our participants. We got some AMAZING stories in the pile and we can't wait for you all to read and vote on them!  :)

MBarnicle

• Matross
Reply #7 on: September 19, 2020, 08:59:59 PM
Thanks for keeping us posted, the transparency is much appreciated. Good luck with the next stage! :)

kolohe

• Palmer
Reply #8 on: September 20, 2020, 01:24:47 AM
Thanks for the update, and thank you for doing all of the work to put things together! :) Looking forward to seeing all of the stories.

silverpine

• Lochage
Reply #9 on: September 21, 2020, 07:18:55 AM
Thanks a lot for the update! :) Looking forward to it.

CanopyFinisher

• Extern
Reply #10 on: September 21, 2020, 04:04:29 PM
In the words of Richard Nixon, "Thank you, headless clone of Agnew."

Sometimes you're the Pentium, sometimes you're the fatal system error

pchand

• Lochage
    • I write sometimes
Reply #11 on: September 22, 2020, 03:33:51 AM
Thanks and looking forward to it!

Karissa

• Autarch
Reply #12 on: September 27, 2020, 05:21:18 PM
the 2020 Cast of Wonders Flash Fiction Contest VI has a board now, and the rules and schedule are listed there. If anyone sees anything that seems out of whack, let my know by posting a comment in the contest board. Thanks!

http://forum.escapeartists.net/index.php?board=435.0