Author Topic: Session Verification errors  (Read 5856 times)

wintermute

• Hipparch
  • What Would Batman Do?
on: April 15, 2008, 12:51:33 PM
Using Firefox 2.0 on WinXP:

About one time in two that I want to post a reply to a thread, rather than giving me a textbox, I get a message telling me that "An error has occurred! Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again." Once I have managed to successfully compose my reply, it will not post unless I first preview my post. There are boards where this is a deliberate feature, but they tend to not have a "post" button appear until after you've seen the preview, rather than it simply failing to work, so I suspect that is not the case here.

In addition, I have not yet been able to edit any details about my profile, due to the same session verification issue.

I find it hard to believe that either a) I am the only person to have these problems; or b) many people have these problems, but no-one's mentioned it yet.

So, what's up with that? Anyone got any ideas?

Science means that not all dreams can come true

Heradel

• Bill Peters, EP Assistant
  • Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 01:18:39 PM
You've done the basic clearing of cache and cookies, right?

I've had something similar appear when I've been doing long posts, but it says that the session has timed out. Not much of a bother, I just have to hit post again and it usually works, but Safari saves the text in the textbox and if I wasn't on a browser that did I'd have lost a few posts.

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.

wintermute

• Hipparch
  • What Would Batman Do?
Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 01:38:12 PM
You've done the basic clearing of cache and cookies, right?
I don't use a cache, and yes, I've tried clearing out the session cookie and logging back in, but that doesn't do any good.
I've had something similar appear when I've been doing long posts, but it says that the session has timed out. Not much of a bother, I just have to hit post again and it usually works, but Safari saves the text in the textbox and if I wasn't on a browser that did I'd have lost a few posts.
Yeah, this happens before I get a chance to type anything out, so I never lose any typing. I just click on "relpy" or "quote" and get taken to a page telling me that there's been an error. It's not the case that I've been sitting on a page for so long that my session has ended, but simply that the textbox never appears in the first place.

Well, except when I'm trying to update my profile. Then it happens when I try to submit, and it happens every single time I try to make any changes.

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 01:40:44 AM
well try IE first, then if that works try reinstalling FF.  If IE doesnt work either, well then im at a complete loss haha.
it could be that there is a small glitch in FF, have you updated recently?

i have been using FF 2.0, and recently bumped up to 3.0, and ive never had a problem.

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

wintermute

• Hipparch
  • What Would Batman Do?
Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 01:36:23 PM
Hrm. FireFox 3.0 does seem to work rather better.

Once my essential add-ons are supported, I'll definitely be using it. Alas, that is not yet.

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 05:12:20 AM
yea, it kinda bugs me not havin my FF skin, or a few other nice things, but seeing as i forget wat they were, im sure they arent essential.

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

wintermute

• Hipparch
  • What Would Batman Do?
Reply #6 on: May 10, 2008, 01:49:27 PM
FireBug is absolutely essential for me, and Tab Mix Plus is something I'd need a lot of convincing to do without.

So, I'm just going to wait until those two, at least, are updated.