Author Topic: The Pseudopod Autopsy: Stephen King’s 1408  (Read 10568 times)

Russell Nash

on: March 15, 2008, 09:33:48 AM
The Pseudopod Autopsy: Stephen King’s 1408

A man alone in a hotel room. The past, present and future colliding beneath banal wallpaper, store bought faux art and carefully neutral furniture. A courtesy phone, a mini bar and every surface covered in the blood of the previous victims.  1408 is a meticulously constructed assault on reality itself, a film where the normal is abnormal and where it’s a very, very bad idea to try and steal the complimentary towels. So glove up, and join us as we pull the most evil room in the world apart apart and find out what makes it tick.

Listen to this Pseudopod Autopsy.

Tango Alpha Delta

• Hipparch
    • Tad's Happy Funtime
Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 08:35:55 PM
One thing left out of the autopsy that I was hoping for some help with:  just what the heck actually happened at the end?

I'm going to have to go back and read the story (which I've never done - I actually heard Stephen King read it himself on the audio release) to refresh my memory of the original ending, but I find it hard to believe that we would be given a "happy" ending... and that's almost the interpretation I was left with at the end of the film.

I won't post any real spoilers, unless the thread takes off and the situation demands it, but was I the only one left thinking that?

This Wiki Won't Wrangle Itself!

I finally published my book - Tad's Happy Funtime is on Amazon!

Russell Nash

Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 11:10:47 AM
TAD, I think the last thing we hear in the movie takes away the happy ending status. 

Al,  I finally got to see this.  Your review of the film was excellent.  I knew I wanted to see it, but you didn't spoil it for me.

Are we going to get any more of these??

Alasdair5000

• Editor
    • My blog
Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 01:05:40 PM
Excellent timing sir!  And glad you liked it:)

Yes.  The next four are being polished and set at the moment and will be:

Zodiac (The David Fincher one)
Cloverfield
[Rec]
I Am Legend

[Rec] may well be the first out of the gate as I'd like to get it done to coincide with the release of Quarantine.  But more v.soon.

Russell Nash

Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 01:08:19 PM
Good to see that more of the stuff is on video.  Since I have a kid, I don't get to the theater much.  It helps a lot if I can just Netflix it.

(Now I'm wondering if 1408 was on video or not when you reviewed it.)

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 04:40:53 PM

Cloverfield
[Rec]
I Am Legend

[Rec] may well be the first out of the gate as I'd like to get it done to coincide with the release of Quarantine.  But more v.soon.

I'm still interested to see these other autopsies Alasdair referred to, esp. Cloverfield.  Any word on if they'll be on PP?

Alasdair5000

• Editor
    • My blog
Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 04:55:50 PM
Working on it:)

Russell Nash

Reply #7 on: September 11, 2009, 06:43:31 PM
Working on it:)
WORK HARDER!!
::cracks whip::

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009, 09:41:24 PM

lowky

• Hipparch
  • from http://lovecraftismissing.com/?page_id=3142
Reply #9 on: September 11, 2009, 11:53:37 PM

Cloverfield
[Rec]
I Am Legend

looking forward to [rec] as i just saw a trailer for [Rec]2  at least i think it was for [Rec]2 as the page mentioned Quarantine being an almost shot for shot remake of [Rec] and was talking about all 3 movies.

goatkeeper

Reply #10 on: September 12, 2009, 11:00:37 PM
Hm, I somehow missed this Autopsy. 

Alasdair is the best frikkin movie reviewer ever.