Author Topic: other sf audio  (Read 4198 times)

deflective

• Hipparch
on: April 20, 2008, 08:34:05 AM
sometimes you run into good sf online and want to share it.

deflective

• Hipparch
Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 09:09:01 AM
Philip K. Dick's beyond lies the wub (second of three stories, it starts soon after 15 minutes), it's classic 1950's scifi. i found it oddly contemporary and dated the same time.

Darwinist

• Hipparch
Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 03:27:47 PM
Philip K. Dick's beyond lies the wub (second of three stories, it starts soon after 15 minutes), it's classic 1950's scifi. i found it oddly contemporary and dated the same time.

Great!  I just downloaded it from I-Tunes.  Thanks for the info!

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.    -  Carl Sagan

bolddeceiver

• Matross
  • Plunging like stones from a slingshot on mars...
Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 06:22:00 PM
I've been listening a lot to the old NBC SF radio series, Dimension X and X Minus 1.  They presented half-hour adaptations of science fiction of the day, and while they show their age at points, they're still pretty neat.  Most episodes can be found at archive.org.

deflective

• Hipparch
Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 09:02:35 PM
i heard an episode of dimension x on radio kol. the martians were invading and threw themselves a parade so they would be greeted as liberators. iraq needs parades.

and why yes, i am exactly nerdy enough to listen to radio kol

bolddeceiver

• Matross
  • Plunging like stones from a slingshot on mars...
Reply #5 on: April 20, 2008, 11:28:37 PM
I loved that episode, even if it had a touch of the misogyny that you have to take in stride in those stories.