Author Topic: Status Update for this Subforum  (Read 3736 times)

divs

on: June 20, 2021, 04:47:05 PM
Hi everyone,

As you've probably noticed, I've stopped posting weekly episode threads in this subforum. I had some health issues earlier this year that led to a backlog. Combined with the limited engagement over the past couple years, we've decided to discontinue the practice rather than catch up.

If you'd like to comment on a particular story, please feel free to start a thread here for that episode! We do still enjoy getting your feedback, and we'll check in here periodically to see what you're saying.

Also note that we have a Discord now with a dedicated channel for Escape Pod. People comment there as well as having general chatter. If you donate already at any level on Patreon (as low as $1/month), you can join the conversation: https://www.patreon.com/EAPodcasts.
(If you're still donating via Paypal, thank you!! But maybe consider switching?)

-Divya

VTDorchester

• Palmer
Reply #1 on: June 22, 2021, 07:11:03 PM
I'm sorry to see the threads end, but understand. Thank you for the option of listeners starting threads should they choose to do so.

Also, I hope that you are enjoying better health now and that it will continue to improve.

divs

Reply #2 on: June 24, 2021, 08:39:37 PM
Thank you for understanding!

I'm glad to see people jumping on making new threads and comments.  :)

CryptoMe

• Hipparch
Reply #3 on: June 24, 2021, 09:02:30 PM
Having forum users start episode comment threads if they chose so is a reasonable compromise. Thanks for allowing that.

Scuba Man

• Lochage
  • Drabblecast, Pseudopod, Escapepod, Podcastle
    • Black Cat Bed And Breakfast (proposed start up 2024)
Reply #4 on: July 18, 2021, 01:40:34 AM
Re: Pseudopod Episode 766. Knock, Knock, Wolf. That was a nice and nasty tale. I've got ~20 minutes left to the story and I have NO IDEA how it's going to end. The author's keeping me guessing.

Will the payoff be worth it? Who knows! Bravo, eh. :-)

I'm a stand-up philosopher until 2024. Then, I move onto my next gig. I'm a gentleman forester and farmer. I also enjoy jumping into Lake Huron and panicking the fish.

Scuba Man

• Lochage
  • Drabblecast, Pseudopod, Escapepod, Podcastle
    • Black Cat Bed And Breakfast (proposed start up 2024)
Reply #5 on: July 18, 2021, 01:46:10 AM
As a patron (on Patreon), I feel I get excellent value. Mind you, I'm concerned how the discussion boards COULD become fragmented. How many different discussion boards are running right now?
  • Patreon
  • Discord?
  • Forum.escapeartists.net?

Meh, I'll adapt.

I'm a stand-up philosopher until 2024. Then, I move onto my next gig. I'm a gentleman forester and farmer. I also enjoy jumping into Lake Huron and panicking the fish.

Languorous Lass

Reply #6 on: November 24, 2021, 04:35:50 AM
Wait, what?  There are discussion boards on Patreon?