Author Topic: PseudoPod 764: The Hollow Tree[  (Read 709 times)

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
on: July 11, 2021, 06:59:43 AM
PseudoPod 764: The Hollow Tree

Author: Jordan Kurella
Narrator: Sevatividam
Host: Alasdair Stuart
Audio Producer: Marty Perrett

“The Hollow Tree” was previously published in Beneath Ceaseless Skies in November 8, 2018 (Issue #264)

Show Notes
Sevatividam would let to give a shoutout to Dan of Groundcrew Studios in Charlotte NC.  She recorded “The Hollow Tree” and “Grave Mother” there and he did a spectacular good job on both of these episodes.

Schitts Creek
Smallville (comics)
Books of Blood

There are two kinds of secrets: those we keep from others, and those we keep from ourselves. 

My mother told me this after one of her too-silent nights with my father. She told me that the worst ones, the ones too terrible to believe, are the second kind. She told me she hoped I’d never have one of these kinds of secrets, as she leaned over and kissed my forehead. Only then did she go to her bed. Three days after that, my second sister came out of her, unbreathing. That time, she did not cry.

She told me, “Pira, you won’t cry either.”

She told me, “Pira, you have to be strong for me. I need you to always be strong.”

And so I was.

I was strong every day as my father served my mother’s pies through our bakery window, telling all our neighbors in Stowe that they were his. He smiled through his thick black beard, dripping with sweat and grease, joking with each person who came by each day. My father’s smile was a smile I had grown to hate. But the town hadn’t. They always said: “Silas Baker has such a wide smile to go with his sad eyes.”  They always said: “There are no pies sweeter than Silas Baker’s pies.” They always said: “He must make his pies so sweet for his lost daughters.”

Listen to this week's PseudoPod.
Follow us on YouTube and Spotify!

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?