Author Topic: Show notes/Warnings  (Read 3805 times)

applerose

• Extern
on: September 06, 2021, 06:26:13 AM
Hello! I'm not sure who to contact, but I'm concerned with the lack of appropriate warnings in the show notes (concerning Escape Pod & Podcastle - I haven't yet listened to the others). There are plenty of amazing stories here, and I'm glad they're being appreciated. There are some, though,  that include moments that cause some of us to turn away (albeit reluctantly) because of a reaction we battle with. That's not to say that those stories are bad, of course - just that containing tough situations without warning can be a problem for some. All that can easily be fixed within the show notes. Right now, the notes are pretty spotty. Obviously I'm one of those with this problem. I don't want to stop listening, but if it's a matter of protecting myself, I've learned to make that choice. If you could improve the warnings in your show notes, I'd be happy to continue listening!

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #1 on: September 09, 2021, 02:10:49 PM
Hey applerose, thanks for the feedback! If it's not too much to ask, could you provide an example of an episode where you'd have liked to see a better warning?

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

applerose

• Extern
Reply #2 on: September 20, 2021, 10:23:56 PM
My apologies for the delay. The most recent story I heard that comes from Podcastle: "Black Swan, White Swan" carries a warning of violence and sex, but missed the implied and actual rape and sexual abuse of a minor. The story also included some serious mental health issues - perhaps that could also be included in show notes.

It's difficult when I come upon these issues unawares. I always check the show notes. I do understand that sometimes things get overlooked, and also that there can be many perspectives in every story - and every reader. I really enjoy all of the stories. It's just that I've been surprised a few too many times by content I work to avoid. It would make a big difference if all the warnings were present. Would you look into this?

Thanks for your time! I really appreciate it.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 09:59:27 PM by applerose »

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #3 on: October 03, 2021, 07:07:05 PM
yeah no problem! it's definitely hard to anticipate everyone's reactions to content, but I feel like those examples are pretty concrete. I'll make sure the right eyes get on this :)

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?