Author Topic: Murder Party  (Read 3905 times)

smartbombradio

• Peltast
  • Clthulhu loves me, this I know!
    • One Eighteen: Migration
on: April 09, 2008, 06:42:27 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0878695/

If noone has seen this movie yet, I LOVE it.  It's totally campy and totally cult, but if you've ever had to sit in a room full of stoned art students and hear them talk about the "Juxtaposition of New Modalities of Creative Expression in the... oh my god we need cheetos!! Does anyone have any money?  Will, Will's got money... arn't you like... Robin's Boyfriend?  Oh.. Husband.... yeah.  I'd be sooo cool if you got us some food or something.. Right guys?  Wouldn't he be the coolest guy ever?  So anyway, my work is like... Anti-Corporate, but with a corporate twist... It's Ironic, yet devoid of irony-" and you just wanted to hit everyone in the room with a tire iron, you'll like this flick. 

Basically the plot is a group of art students kidnap this loser and plan to murder him in the sake of art.  But everything keeps going wrong and one by one he accidentally starts killing them.  My wife was all "Artists are NOT like that"  but every time one went down I was on my feet cheering.  If you like low budget, interesting movies, you'll dig this I think.

gelee

• Lochage
  • It's a missile, boy.
Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 05:19:27 PM
Thanks, I'll be looking for this.

Ben Phillips

• Lich King
  • Matross
    • Pseudopod
Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 09:17:39 PM
On the Netflix queue it goes!

shwankie

Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 10:52:36 PM
Can't wait to see it. Adding it to Netflix...

Thanks for the review!