Author Topic: ID3 tags  (Read 5144 times)

kenryan

• Extern
on: April 19, 2008, 04:50:58 PM
Hello!

So .. is my podcast downloader broken or are PodCastle stories not given proper ID3 tags?

It took a number of episodes for Escape Pod to get proper tags (title = title, artist = artist, etc).
Pseudopod seemed to have it set right away.  Most of the PodCastle stories either have missing tags or are not tagged at all.

I use an iPod, but I don't use iTunes or any other major downloader (I use gPodder and CastPodder /gtkpod on Linux).  It's a bit of a pain to have to bring up an ID3 tag editor every time I download something.

It is entirely possible something on my end is broken, but gPodder and CastPodder behave the same way so I'm not sure about that.

kenryan

• Extern
Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 04:56:27 PM
P.S. I haven't yet passed EP/PP/PC tracks to anyone else, but I hope to have the time to do so shortly (I have someone in mind who gets pretty bored during his chemotherapy).  I realize fixing the ID3 tags could be construed to violate the "no derivatives" clause, but I'm not sure since I'm not touching the audio content.  If there is an objection I'll make him fix the tags himself (more likely he'd just stick the disks in a corner and forget about them though).

Rachel Swirsky

• Hipparch
    • PodCastle
Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 08:25:40 PM
This might be a good thing to email or private message Steve about; he doesn't, to my knowledge, follow this end of the forums.

CammoBlammo

• Matross
Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 09:17:25 AM
I'm getting my feed with hpodder on a lInux box, and I haven't noticed tagging problems. The three episodes so far list artist, album, year and genre. Title seems to be missing, but I get that from the filename anyway.

Hope this helps.