Author Topic: PseudoPod 777: Flash on the Borderlands LVIII: Graveyard Smash  (Read 733 times)

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
PseudoPod 777: Flash on the Borderlands LVIII: Graveyard Smash

Authors: Margaret St. Clair, G.G. Pendarves, and Michael Kelly
Narrators: Simon Meddings, David Darke, and Jimmy Horrors
Host: Alasdair Stuart
Audio Producer: Marty Perrett

“The Family” was first Published in Weird Tales in January 1950This is an abridged version of “The Devil’s Graveyard” which first appeared in First published in Hutchinson’s Mystery Story Magazine, December 1924 and was reprinted in Weird Tales in August 1926.“Endless Halloween” originally appeared in Supernatural Tales #44, August 2020.

“Devil on your back, I can never die”

“Perhaps David really loves her,” Mother said indecisively. “We wouldn’t want our boy made unhappy, you know.”

Kate threw back her head and laughed. The lamplight glinted brightly on her long, strong teeth. “Of course he does,” she cried in her raucous voice. “Of course he does. Desperately, enormously. Otherwise, why would he want to marry her?” From the ceiling of the dim, raftered room came the obedient echo, “marry her … marry her …”

“Kate’s always been in love with her brother,” Lance said from the other side of the room. Lance was thin; David had never known anyone as thin as Lancelot. “She really must learn to watch out for it. Our family name’s Vlchek, not Volsung, Katharine.”

Everyone laughed. A bright glance of understanding, of shared, familiar mirth rippled from face to face. Only Kate, rumbling in her throat, refused to see the joke.

“No offense meant, Katharine,” Lance said with a touch of haste. “None at all. But it was agreed long ago that David was the only one of us who could pass for more than a day in the outside world. He has certain qualities which make him remarkably, outstandingly, attractive to the opposite sex. There’s no occasion for heartburning. Whatever it is he does, he does for us.”

“But if he really loves her—” Mother repeated, staring down at the worn greenish webs on her hands. “If he really does …”

Listen to this week's PseudoPod.
Follow us on YouTube and Spotify!

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

WasabiSlide

• Extern
Reply #1 on: December 19, 2021, 10:18:58 PM
Was it just me or did this episode end with a section of unedited intros from Alisdair?