Author Topic: Story ratings  (Read 6589 times)

eytanz

on: April 23, 2008, 02:43:50 PM
Just noticed this while I was looking at podcastle.org - it's not clear to me what criteria is being used to rate the stories. At the moment it seems the correlation is with story length, not content, as miniatures get G and full-length stories get PG. It seems a bit odd to me that "Giant", which contains pretty clearly implied non-consensual sex, suicide by starvation, and possibly murder got a lower rating than "Come Lady Death" which has no sexual elements and only discusses death on a very figurative level.

somacow

• Extern
    • SomaCow
Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 08:01:18 PM

eytanz

Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 09:11:06 PM
I wasn't talking about the ending, actually. I was thinking of the line where the giant says that the girl in his bed is his fourth princess.

Thaurismunths

• High Priest of TCoRN
  • Hipparch
  • Praise N-sh, for it is right and good!
Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 12:18:34 AM
I wasn't talking about the ending, actually. I was thinking of the line where the giant says that the girl in his bed is his fourth princess.
Hey, for all you know they could have parted on friendly terms and still be friends.

How do you fight a bully that can un-make history?

Heradel

• Bill Peters, EP Assistant
  • Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 12:32:06 AM
Hey, for all you know they could have parted on friendly terms and still be friends.

I just had a vision of a bunch of very large post-cards with very bad large handwriting arriving at various castles around midwinter.

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.

Tango Alpha Delta

• Hipparch
    • Tad's Happy Funtime
Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 04:33:04 PM

I just had a vision of a bunch of very large post-cards with very bad large handwriting arriving at various castles around midwinter.

The pre-telecom version of "drunk dialing"?

This Wiki Won't Wrangle Itself!

I finally published my book - Tad's Happy Funtime is on Amazon!