Author Topic: CoW Ep. 509: Far From the Home I Love (Banned Books Week 2022) (And Ep. 519!)  (Read 787 times)

Languorous Lass

Cast of Wonders 509: Far From the Home I Love (Banned Books Week 2022)

Also, Episode 519! A Staff Pick for 2022! Hosted by Associate Editor Samuel Poots!

• Author: Y.M. Resnik
• Narrator: Victoria Marklew
• Host, Episode 519: Samuel Poots
• Host, Episode 509: Alicia Caporaso
• Audio Producer:  Jeremy Carter

"Far From the Home I Love" is a Cast of Wonders original.

Click here to listen to Episode 519
Click here to listen to Episode 509

Content Warning:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

“Let me get this straight. You were born on Earth, but your passport is Venusian?”

The condescension seeps through the plexiglass barrier separating me from the visa agent. It blankets me in icy disdain. Chides me for having the chutzpah to think that returning home could be easy.

I nod in the affirmative, trying to still my shaking hands as I retrieve the required documents out of my bag. I’ve followed the instructions meticulously, right down to bringing everything in triplicate. Ari helped me prepare the application. They’ve always been more detail oriented than I am.

Tags:  Alicia Caporaso, Banned Books Week, celebrations, families, family histories, found families, gender identity, Jeremy Carter, Judaism, LGBTQ, Samuel Poots, siddur, Staff Picks 2022, Venus, Victoria Marklew, Y. M. Resnik, young adult fiction
« Last Edit: December 22, 2022, 01:08:29 AM by Languorous Lass »