Author Topic: Discussion threads for old EP eps?  (Read 5506 times)

coyote247

on: July 01, 2008, 07:41:40 PM
Can we get a thread/threads for the Escapepod stories that never got their own threads on the new-topic restricted discussion part of the forum? I've been reading through some of the old episodes and was surprised to see the threads seem to have only started somewhere in the late 80's.

wintermute

• Hipparch
  • What Would Batman Do?
Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 07:55:28 PM
I think the policy is that someone needs to tell Mr Nash (or another moderator) that they have a comment to make about a specific old episode, so that they don't just spam the board with 80 new threads with no content.

Edit: And the reason the older episodes don't have threads is because this forum is significantly younger than Escape Pod.

Science means that not all dreams can come true

Russell Nash

Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 08:14:36 PM
The whole discussion is here, but Wintermute pretty much had it right.  We don't want to just add a crapload of new threads at one time.  Add your request to the other thread and I'll get it up.  I haven't added back Episodes in a long time, so it's not a problem to put up two or three this week.

coyote247

Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 04:19:03 PM
Well then how about a single thread for pre-forum era ep discussion, with only the specific eps with specific requests getting made?

Russell Nash

Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 04:50:32 PM
Well then how about a single thread for pre-forum era ep discussion, with only the specific eps with specific requests getting made?

I read that three times and I'm still not sure what everything after the comma means.

Do you mean just have a general thread and then if an episode get a few posts, split it off and give that episode its own thread?

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 05:20:28 PM

I read that three times and I'm still not sure what everything after the comma means.

Do you mean just have a general thread and then if an episode get a few posts, split it off and give that episode its own thread?

I read it as a general thread, unless a request is made for a specific thread. 

Personally, I like the idea of keeping it by request only, as the proposed general thread could get pretty muddled.  But that's just my opinion.

Russell Nash

Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 06:33:00 PM

I read it as a general thread, unless a request is made for a specific thread. 

Personally, I like the idea of keeping it by request only, as the proposed general thread could get pretty muddled.  But that's just my opinion.

I think I should just get off my ass and pick a day of the week.  On that day I should just post a random old episode.  Maybe add extra requested episodes ocassionally.  Then after several months or so (probably over a year) they'll all be up. 

Maybe if the author of the current episode has been on EP before, I should post everything of theirs.

wintermute

• Hipparch
  • What Would Batman Do?
Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 06:41:21 PM
Heh. You could be the new and improved EscapePod Classic. Except without all of that convenient podcatcher stuff. Or the child-friendly guarantee.

Science means that not all dreams can come true

Russell Nash

Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 07:47:01 PM
Heh. You could be the new and improved EscapePod Classic. Except without all of that convenient podcatcher stuff. Or the child-friendly guarantee.

One thing I was planning on doing was to post the thread for whatever Episode was on EP Classic.