Author Topic: TRON Remake  (Read 3127 times)

Poppydragon

• Peltast
on: March 12, 2009, 05:15:29 PM
Just heard that they're remaking this and apart form the fact they've asked DaftPunk to do the soundtrack I'm not sure I approve. Has anybody heard anything more about it, casting, director etc?

Man - despite his artistic pretensions, his sophistication, and his many accomplishments - owes his existence to a six inch layer of topsoil and the fact that it rains.

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 05:24:28 PM
woooah.  i duno, id kinda like to see it again with the sweet CGI we have today...

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 06:07:24 PM
"Because nobody demanded it!"  ;D

My wife likes DaftPunk.  Her favorite kind of music is techno and dance.  Sometimes we wonder how we ever ended up married.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 06:09:38 PM by stePH »

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 08:03:33 PM
Yeah, I've heard quite a bit about this on AICN and the like.

Okay, first I believe the working title is TR2N. Or Tron 2. It's not a remake, it's more of a sequel. And Jeff Bridges is set to reprise his role as Flynn (which IMO, makes this whole thing very interesting). I can't remember if Bruce Boxleitner is going to be back or not.

They apparently showed some test footage at ComicCon last year. Stuff with lightcycles, new stuff with Jeff Bridges. It looked pretty sweet.

All in all, I'm actually looking forward to this one.

ETA: The imdb page. Boxleitner is rumored to be in it. And Karl Urban may be cast as well (I dig that guy for some reason).
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 08:06:04 PM by DKT »

Anarquistador

• Matross
  • Servant of Fire
    • The Pit
Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 12:59:30 PM
This actually sounds pretty cool. I hope they do something interesting with the CGI, though. Like, forget even trying to look photo-real and go for complete CG insanity.

And I too dig Karl Urban. He's one of those guys like Peter Weller or David Keith, in that he can act well in movies that often need some good acting to elevate them. He was one of the reasons I enjoyed the Doom movie.

"Technology: a word we use to describe something that doesn't work yet."

- Douglas Adams

http://www.thereviewpit.com
http://thesuburbsofhell.blogspot.com