Author Topic: Blood Noir  (Read 2884 times)

Listener

• Hipparch
  • I place things in locations which later elude me.
    • Various and Sundry Items of Interest
on: July 28, 2008, 07:06:53 PM
No unrevealed spoilers yet but watch for white text:

This is the Laurell Hamilton book where she said it started as a novella but became a full book.  It's the one where Anita and Jason go off together because Jason's father is dying of cancer.

It wasn't bad.  There's the obligatory three-way sex scene, but she gets that over with in the beginning.  Unfortunately, about 75% of the way through the book, Anita gains a new power.  Then, so does Richard.

I almost screamed in frustration.  Come ON, woman!  Stop writing yourself into corners!

Anyway, she redeems herself a little bit with the climax, in a scene where I really was like "no... no, she's not... no, she's not going... oh... oh shit... oh no... oh... no..."

I think it's time to end the Marmee Noir story arc.  If she draws that out for one more book...

I don't know why I still read the books, except that I'm invested in the characters now.  I really want to know what happens to them.  Hamilton is good, IMO, at creating characters that you care about over time.   But seriously... Laurell... it's time to start killing people off.

People who are not already Anita Blake fans should skip this one.

"Farts are a hug you can smell." -Wil Wheaton

Blog || Quote Blog ||  Written and Audio Work || Twitter: @listener42