Author Topic: Odd Competition Going on in Drabblecast Land  (Read 5649 times)

Stalinsays

• Extern
    • Mega-Beast Death-Match competition
on: July 25, 2008, 10:21:44 PM
Feel free board regulars to ignore me as the spam I am, just wanted to get the word out about something happening on the Drabblecast (a short fiction Podcast of oddness across genre, Steve and Mur have appeared, and Norm Sherman our narrator has done an EP episode).

We're running a listener voting competition, called the Mega-Beast Death-Match. Through various means of interaction, our audience decides who of a batch of enhanced super animals would win in a theoretical fight to the death. There's no point other than to entertain those whose fancies might be tickled by this odd subject matter.

Round 0 seeded 12 of 52 animals in to brackets. Four two week sessions of voting, calling, podcasting, and forum discussions are to follow. Meet round 1's competitors at the following site. Discuss them in the forum link posted in the results page.

http://www.bokaier.com/mega-beasts/

Or don't at all - just some shameless self promotion.

Tango Alpha Delta

• Hipparch
    • Tad's Happy Funtime
Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 04:07:48 AM
Hmmm... Your subject line implied something odd happening, but I can't figure out quite what it might be.

The Death Match looks like fun, though!

This Wiki Won't Wrangle Itself!

I finally published my book - Tad's Happy Funtime is on Amazon!

Stalinsays

• Extern
Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 06:18:23 PM
Your subject line implied something odd happening, but I can't figure out quite what it might be.

Thanks! It has kept me good and busy, so glad to hear it piqued some interest. 'Odd' is just the all-purpose self label we have to cover our cross genre activities (odd sci-fi, odd horror, odd mystery etc.), so ignore it the way you would 'funky' or 'edgy' in a media write-up.

eytanz

Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 04:34:38 AM
Hey, if anyone goes to the drabblecast website (or feed) right now, they'll see that something odd is happening.

Stalinsays

• Extern
Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 05:50:14 PM
Yeah, Mac ditched the old online format for their whole Mobile Me campaign, and it has apparently thrown Norm for a loop (great timing, right?).

A new DC episode is up on the Drabblecast.org, and the online voting, hotline, and forum discussions continue for the Beast-Match. Gonna' have to wait a couple days for the new, special podcast feed.

Stalinsays

• Extern
Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 12:10:18 AM
Ok, the Drabblecast site is revived, and the podcast for the main show, as well as the new Mega-Beast subfeed, is running smoothly. Apple has not lost the baby in the bath water... at least not this particular baby.

I'll go away now, and stop reviving this topic with technical updates. Hope anyone who has explored the competition enjoys - look for round 2 starting next Monday.

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 05:59:42 PM
I'm confused ... what do Ood have to do with this competition again?

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising

goatkeeper

Reply #7 on: August 17, 2008, 04:20:35 PM
*drum roll/high hat*  ;)