Author Topic: Steampod  (Read 7844 times)

Roland

• Extern
    • StarShipSofa
on: June 03, 2008, 09:25:38 PM
Just a reminder for anyone who is not already subscribed, that the first episode of the new Steampunk podcast Steampod starts today.

oddpod

• Matross
Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 08:06:36 AM
steampunk spectacular is anuther fantastic steam punk podcast and well worth a listen, it is however a bit iregular on the releses and i fear posably dead, but do chek out the episodes thay have

http://steampunkspectacular.org/blog/

card carying dislexic and  gramatical revolushonery

Troo

• Palmer
    • Hello Spacegirl
Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 11:57:02 AM
Awesome!

Trudi Topham,
Editor, Pantechnicon.
Editor, Hub.

Boggled Coriander

• Lochage
    • Balancing Frogs
Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 03:18:14 PM
I just want to say that I really enjoyed the first story, and... that was two weeks ago.   Is episode 2 ever going to come out??

"The meteor formed a crater, vampires crawling out of the crater." -  The Lyttle Lytton contest

Nobilis

• Peltast
    • Nobilis Erotica Podcast
Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 11:18:37 PM
It's out now.

Thaurismunths

• High Priest of TCoRN
  • Hipparch
  • Praise N-sh, for it is right and good!
Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 10:08:18 AM
Just listened to episode two, the first part of Victoria. Loved it.
As long as Steampod can keep a full head of steam, it'll be a success.

(anyone heard from Steampunk Spectacular?)

How do you fight a bully that can un-make history?

Nobilis

• Peltast
    • Nobilis Erotica Podcast
Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 03:11:31 AM
SusanZ is undergoing something of a "lifestyle disruption" right now.  She'll be getting back to Steampunk Spectacular as soon as her life gets back to the usual level of chaos.

errant371

• Palmer
  • I for one welcome our new isopod overlords.
Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 02:51:14 PM
Just the kind of thing I was looking for.  Escape Artists continues to impress.  (You guys are Escape Artists, right?)

What part of 'Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn' didn't you understand?

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 06:15:45 PM
Just the kind of thing I was looking for.  Escape Artists continues to impress.  (You guys are Escape Artists, right?)

I doubt it.  I believe the only podcasts currently under the EA umbrella are Escape Pod, Pseudopod, and Podcastle.

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising

errant371

• Palmer
  • I for one welcome our new isopod overlords.
Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008, 06:33:35 PM
Well, eitherway, woot!  A Steampunk podcast is a great idea.  I look forward to my new subscription!

What part of 'Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn' didn't you understand?

Boggled Coriander

• Lochage
    • Balancing Frogs
Reply #10 on: July 04, 2008, 04:11:50 PM
I'm really liking this "Victoria" story.  The host indicated at the end of the latest episode that he hadn't decided if he would continue doing "Victoria" or try some new stories, but I'd really like to hear how "Victoria" ends.

On the negative side, the editing is still very rough, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time before they get all the bugs shaken out.  And did Episode 3 end with 15 minutes of dead silence?  It sure seemed like it, though I was on a rather noisy bus so maybe they just concluded with some really soft, mellow music.  For fifteen minutes.

"The meteor formed a crater, vampires crawling out of the crater." -  The Lyttle Lytton contest

Thaurismunths

• High Priest of TCoRN
  • Hipparch
  • Praise N-sh, for it is right and good!
Reply #11 on: July 05, 2008, 02:02:05 AM
Thanks Nobilis. She's posted on the blog that we can expect another broadcast soon.

How do you fight a bully that can un-make history?

Sandikal

• Matross
Reply #12 on: July 05, 2008, 04:25:10 AM
I'm really liking this "Victoria" story.  The host indicated at the end of the latest episode that he hadn't decided if he would continue doing "Victoria" or try some new stories, but I'd really like to hear how "Victoria" ends.

On the negative side, the editing is still very rough, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time before they get all the bugs shaken out.  And did Episode 3 end with 15 minutes of dead silence?  It sure seemed like it, though I was on a rather noisy bus so maybe they just concluded with some really soft, mellow music.  For fifteen minutes.

Yes it did have about 15 minutes of dead air at the end.

I want to hear the rest of the story.  Make sure to go to the Steampod site and post on the blog if you want to hear more.

Planish

• Hipparch
  • Fun will now commence.
    • northernelectric.ca
Reply #13 on: July 19, 2008, 03:44:12 AM
I want to hear the rest of the story.  Make sure to go to the Steampod site and post on the blog if you want to hear more.

Me too. I'll have to head on over there.

I feed The Pod.
("planish" rhymes with "vanish")

MentatJack

• Extern
    • MentatJack (SFF reviews)
Reply #14 on: August 09, 2008, 08:14:04 AM
I just subscribed.  I love a good Paul Di Filippo story and I'd love to learn a bit more about this delightful sub-genre.

--Steven
SFF Reviews: http://MentatJack.com
Visual Recommendations: http://TagShadow.com

Russell Nash

Reply #15 on: August 09, 2008, 07:24:52 PM
For me they made a mistake in doing a multi-part story so quickly.  I don't start listening to any story until I have all of it downloaded.

MacArthurBug

• Giddy
  • Hipparch
  • I can resist anything except temptation
    • undercaffinated
Reply #16 on: August 10, 2008, 03:14:51 AM
Thank you much for the heads up. I had found it BEFORE the post here, on my own neverending search for good audio. This is wonderful stuff! I'm glad it was mentioned here.

Oh, great and mighty Alasdair, Orator Maleficent, He of the Silvered Tongue, guide this humble fangirl past jumping up and down and squeeing upon hearing the greatness of Thy voice.
Oh mighty Mur the Magnificent. I am not worthy.