Author Topic: Aaaaaaaand... my first day of college is over...  (Read 28637 times)

wherethewild

• Matross
Reply #75 on: October 10, 2008, 12:47:35 PM
Two foolproof methods of hooking up:
A) Think of the kind of person you want to be with, then become the person they'd want. [hard]
B) Find things you like doing and do them because you like them, then interact with the people who do those things. [easy]

Big supporter of B.

Is the prey allowed to comment? I support B too, but I think two of the biggest things are:

1. Don't be a prick
2. Be at least halfway interesting, and at least halfway interested in her (and I mean her views, opinions, stories, ideas etc and not just the contents of her pants) which also comes back to: don't be a prick.

The Great N-sh whispers in my ear, and he's talking about you.

Russell Nash

Reply #76 on: October 10, 2008, 01:10:29 PM
A) Think of the kind of person you want to be with, then become the person they'd want. [hard]
B) Find things you like doing and do them because you like them, then interact with the people who do those things. [easy]

Big supporter of B.

Is the prey allowed to comment? I support B too, but I think two of the biggest things are:

1. Don't be a prick
2. Be at least halfway interesting, and at least halfway interested in her (and I mean her views, opinions, stories, ideas etc and not just the contents of her pants) which also comes back to: don't be a prick.

What about the contents of her shirt?

wintermute

• Hipparch
  • What Would Batman Do?
Reply #77 on: October 10, 2008, 01:55:24 PM
You have to treat women like they're people in their own right; in many respects, they are.

Science means that not all dreams can come true

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #78 on: October 11, 2008, 08:44:27 PM
You have to treat women like they're people in their own right; in many respects, they are.
woah woah woah... lets not go throwing around phrases like "women are people" now... that could hurt someone's feelings.

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Thaurismunths

• High Priest of TCoRN
  • Hipparch
  • Praise N-sh, for it is right and good!
Reply #79 on: October 11, 2008, 10:02:51 PM

Big supporter of B.

1. Don't be a prick
Hey, this is a two way street here.
Shwankie and I have plenty of female friends who whine about not having a boyfriend. Simple answer is to get a hobby. People like throwing around phrases like "it always happens when you aren't looking" because you're doing something you actually enjoy.
For relationships to work both people need to be whole people. Wanting someone who will 'complete' you is asking for trouble.

...Ok. Owning a mustang doesn't hurt the situation either.

How do you fight a bully that can un-make history?

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #80 on: October 11, 2008, 10:34:33 PM
came back to miami on a bus for the weekend and got drunk last nite, did some stuff i semi regret, didnt eat before drinkin, feel sick... FUN!
:P
but i had a good time and nothin is actually bad, i jus regret some small things hahaha

wherethewild

• Matross
Reply #81 on: October 12, 2008, 07:23:35 PM
For relationships to work both people need to be whole people. Wanting someone who will 'complete' you is asking for trouble.

Or wanting to be the one completing them for that matter. Which is the usual trap of young women: "I can make them a different person", or "for me they'll change their philandering ways " ;)

i jus regret some small things hahaha

While you should always appraoch my next statement with a certain amount of common sense: better to regret having experienced something rather than regreting experiencing nothing.

The Great N-sh whispers in my ear, and he's talking about you.

Thaurismunths

• High Priest of TCoRN
  • Hipparch
  • Praise N-sh, for it is right and good!
Reply #82 on: October 12, 2008, 07:35:39 PM

Or wanting to be the one completing them for that matter. Which is the usual trap of young women: "I can make them a different person", or "for me they'll change their philandering ways " ;)
Women marry men thinking they can change them. Men marry women thinking they will never change.

How do you fight a bully that can un-make history?

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #83 on: October 12, 2008, 11:24:12 PM
Women marry men thinking they can change them. Men marry women thinking they will never change.

The rest of that is, "Both are wrong."

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #84 on: October 25, 2008, 08:34:17 AM
ich bin blau

Russell Nash

Reply #85 on: October 26, 2008, 07:34:25 PM
Was ist los?

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #86 on: October 26, 2008, 08:06:24 PM
ein bischen betrunken :P ;D ::)

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #87 on: October 27, 2008, 02:44:15 PM

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising