Author Topic: WTF Mate? (the feed)  (Read 3960 times)

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
on: August 22, 2008, 02:20:25 PM
So iTunes is downloading "EP Bonus: Playing for Keeps by Mur Lafferty".  I've already downloaded and listened to PfK in its entirety. 
Meanwhile, whereinhell is this week's episode of Escape Pod?  :-\

[edit]
I see now that it's a PDF of the book.  Well, I don't read books at my computer screen. and I don't have a Kindle, Cybook, or whatever. 
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 02:22:19 PM by stePH »

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising

wintermute

• Hipparch
  • What Would Batman Do?
Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 03:12:04 PM
Quote from: Steve, on EscapePod.Org
First: my apologies for recent delays in getting Escape Pod out; in the last couple of weeks it’s hit the feed Friday afternoons rather than late Thursday. It’s probably going to happen again this week. Personal business lately has included me losing my day job, finding a new and much better day job in the space of a couple of weeks (I start Tuesday), and taking on some short-term obligations to fill in the gaps. Expect more on that in an upcoming metacast In the meantime I’m realizing I’m having to get much better organized with a lot of Escape Artists work, not for efficiency but for necessity. So yes, things are late; but I still don’t expect to miss any weeks, and I hope that the lateness will be short term.
http://escapepod.org/2008/08/21/meetup-at-dragoncon/

Science means that not all dreams can come true

Heradel

• Bill Peters, EP Assistant
  • Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 03:14:45 PM
So iTunes is downloading "EP Bonus: Playing for Keeps by Mur Lafferty".  I've already downloaded and listened to PfK in its entirety. 

[edit]
I see now that it's a PDF of the book.  Well, I don't read books at my computer screen. and I don't have a Kindle, Cybook, or whatever. 

I don't believe that physical-media-via-RSS is quite off the ground yet.

Edit: Also, it's a UD story to come.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 06:37:53 PM by Heradel »

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.

CGFxColONeill

• Matross
Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 04:30:46 PM
this]http://endofworld.net/]thisis the first thing that came to mind when I read your topic title your not from Australia are you?

Overconfidence - Before you attempt to beat the odds, be sure you could survive the odds beating you.

I am not sure if Life is passing me by or running me over

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 04:33:34 PM
this is the first thing that came to mind when I read your topic title your not from Australia are you?

Nope, but that's where I got "WTF mate?" from.

And my wife referenced it too, when I told her about the setting of Neville Shute's novel On the Beach (a nuclear war has devastated the northern hemisphere, and Australia is just sitting there waiting for the fallout to be carried down.)

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising

CGFxColONeill

• Matross
Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 02:35:53 AM
this is the first thing that came to mind when I read your topic title your not from Australia are you?

Nope, but that's where I got "WTF mate?" from.

And my wife referenced it too, when I told her about the setting of Neville Shute's novel On the Beach (a nuclear war has devastated the northern hemisphere, and Australia is just sitting there waiting for the fallout to be carried down.)
lol ok just wanted to check

Overconfidence - Before you attempt to beat the odds, be sure you could survive the odds beating you.

I am not sure if Life is passing me by or running me over