Author Topic: Fringe  (Read 18403 times)

gelee

• Lochage
  • It's a missile, boy.
Reply #25 on: October 10, 2008, 10:45:14 PM
I missed #4 and, apparently, I'm the only anthropoid in the western hemisphere without a DVR.  Oh well.  I guess it will have to be Ninja TV during commercials while I watch football Sunday (u.s. variety).

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #26 on: October 20, 2008, 05:37:28 PM
The best part of the last episode was that the dude with the bald head showed up briefly at the beginning.  The rest of it was okay, but didn't do much for me.

Enemyvirus

• Extern
Reply #27 on: November 08, 2008, 12:18:16 AM
I'm waiting for the the "Global Dynamics" Episode. Chuck in a couple of plot chunks and stir...

Its OK so far, not taking it to seriously.

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
Reply #28 on: February 11, 2009, 05:13:34 PM
Is anyone still watching this show? Did it get any better? Is it worth watching more online, or should I just move on to other things?

MacArthurBug

• Giddy
  • Hipparch
  • I can resist anything except temptation
    • undercaffinated
Reply #29 on: February 11, 2009, 05:36:21 PM
I'm still watching- mostly enjoying. I also don't like Dunham much she's ... not interesting and she looks constipated. The mad scientist - alternate realities angle is what keeps me watching.

Oh, great and mighty Alasdair, Orator Maleficent, He of the Silvered Tongue, guide this humble fangirl past jumping up and down and squeeing upon hearing the greatness of Thy voice.
Oh mighty Mur the Magnificent. I am not worthy.

izzardfan

Reply #30 on: February 13, 2009, 01:14:25 PM
I love this show.  I got my daughter (19) hooked, and just this week my son (15) joined in.

Planish

• Hipparch
  • Fun will now commence.
    • northernelectric.ca
Reply #31 on: February 19, 2009, 03:08:53 AM
I tried to enjoy Fringe, but gave up after two episodes. I did like John Noble's character though.

... It does compare with X Files, but in a favorable way, I think.  Also, I miss Scully and Mulder.  Getting that kind of show back on the air would be great.
No.
Much as X-Files was my favourite series for pretty much the entire run, it should have ended about a year or two sooner, skipping the Dogget and Reyes business.

I feed The Pod.
("planish" rhymes with "vanish")

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
Reply #32 on: February 20, 2009, 04:55:33 PM
I tried to enjoy Fringe, but gave up after two episodes. I did like John Noble's character though.

... It does compare with X Files, but in a favorable way, I think.  Also, I miss Scully and Mulder.  Getting that kind of show back on the air would be great.
No.
Much as X-Files was my favourite series for pretty much the entire run, it should have ended about a year or two sooner, skipping the Dogget and Reyes business.

I respectfully disagree (at least partially). I wish the X-Files had ended much better than the completely lackluster crap episode it did end with. But I would be perfectly happy if someone did a Dogget/Reyes X-Files spin-off show now. It'd certainly be higher on my list of things to watch than Fringe.

Praxis

Reply #33 on: September 19, 2009, 09:16:51 PM
Prithee good lords and ladies (and Mods) Series 2 doth arriveth!

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #34 on: September 20, 2009, 04:59:07 AM

It's "Talk Like a Pirate Day", not "Talk Like a Rennaisance Fop Day"  ;)

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising

MacArthurBug

• Giddy
  • Hipparch
  • I can resist anything except temptation
    • undercaffinated
Reply #35 on: September 20, 2009, 05:14:01 PM

It's "Talk Like a Pirate Day", not "Talk Like a Rennaisance Fop Day"  ;)

Rennisaunce fops get all the babes. And then turn them down in olde english

Oh, great and mighty Alasdair, Orator Maleficent, He of the Silvered Tongue, guide this humble fangirl past jumping up and down and squeeing upon hearing the greatness of Thy voice.
Oh mighty Mur the Magnificent. I am not worthy.

lowky

• Hipparch
  • from http://lovecraftismissing.com/?page_id=3142
Reply #36 on: September 21, 2009, 02:03:38 AM
Just started watching the show (on episode 4 now) is it just me or does Abrams need to be different annoy anyone else?  The huge signs when you enter a new area.  it's like he's just learning how to change fonts and add effects to them with Word.  OOh look I can make the letters really big and look 3 dimensional, that's so cool.  Why can't he just use the traditional white text like every other show.  If it's not broken don't fix it.  or in this case if it's not broken, don't feel the need to do so.  Otherwise I like the show so far.  Walter is awesome.  I want to be Walter some day.

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
Reply #37 on: September 21, 2009, 06:40:11 PM
Nah, I hate those signs. And I love Abrams.

Has anyone watched the new season? I DVR'd it, because the first season ended so strongly.

Heradel

• Bill Peters, EP Assistant
  • Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #38 on: September 21, 2009, 07:03:04 PM
I watched it, it appears to be setting up more of an arc than last season's villain of the day + weird guy c plot. I'll keep watching, but Abrams is keeping up the lens flare at every opportunity cinematography he's been doing of late, which is cool in limited doses. Abrams is not limiting his doses.

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.

Praxis

Reply #39 on: September 21, 2009, 10:40:50 PM
(Hope you folk in the good ol' Yoo Ess of Eh? enjoyed the first ep.  (those of us in the UK, and who have Sky TV) have to wait till Oct.
Grrrrrr.

But, from the synopsis, I don't understand how, given which people ended up in particular buildings and places last series, they can re-appear where they do.
I get what the story is supposed to be telling us, but it doesn't make sense as far as I can see.

Good to (almost. grrrr) have it back on our screens again.  There was SO much in the season 1 finale that I can't wait to see how it will all play out.
 :)

Praxis

Reply #40 on: September 21, 2009, 10:43:27 PM
I watched it, it appears to be setting up more of an arc than last season's villain of the day + weird guy c plot.

And hopefully less of.......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............The Pattern.  That gradual reveal of that part of the plot last season was so very very very slow, imo.

lowky

• Hipparch
  • from http://lovecraftismissing.com/?page_id=3142
Reply #41 on: September 22, 2009, 03:10:37 AM
is it just me or does walter look like the love child of Walter Mattheau and Vincent Price.  Especially Vincent Price, His facial expressions when he gets an idea, He reminds me of Vincent price in both the Fly as well as Edward Scissorhands.  Part Insane Unethical Genius, Part Kindly (Grand)father, Part just Excentric

izzardfan

Reply #42 on: September 22, 2009, 05:41:36 AM
The huge signs when you enter a new area.

I actually like the signs, but my favorite has to be when in one episode, they changed the point of view to be as if we were looking up at the sign from the ground, and the sign was there, as if it were really part of the landscape.  I thought it was clever.

Praxis

Reply #43 on: September 22, 2009, 09:08:12 PM
Was there not one where the snow was landing on the sign?
Or did I imagine that.

Alasdair5000

• Editor
    • My blog
Reply #44 on: October 06, 2009, 11:38:38 AM
Season two just started over here.  I really liked it and the reference to how Fringe Division cases used to have the 'X' designation was lovely:)

Praxis

Reply #45 on: October 06, 2009, 09:50:36 PM
I wonder if they will revisit the 'person who Walter saw/hallucinated' when he was in hospital. 
It makes a lot more sense now, particularly if they are supposed to be as angry and foreboding as they seemed.

Heradel

• Bill Peters, EP Assistant
  • Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #46 on: October 14, 2009, 01:06:29 AM
My stars, Spock!

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.

monkeystuff

• Palmer
Reply #47 on: October 15, 2009, 11:03:51 AM
***** 5 out of 5 starts for this show.  They got some very good far fetched ideas in this show  ;D    Its like a way more modern X-files with a stronger sci fi aspect

justice may only be obtained where there is a lack of injustice