Author Topic: How did I ever survive all these years?  (Read 2768 times)

cxJvak

• Extern
on: January 05, 2009, 03:03:24 AM
I guess this could go under a rambling, thank you gush of a thread.
But seriously.
Obviously new to EP but it's made me think, how did I survive all these years not knowing about this podcast?
Remarkable how I found this, one day while browsing a Wikipedia article about Issac Asimov, I stumbled upon a link to escapepod.org. I listened, liked it and subscribed.
Now, thanks to my predilection for running while listening to podcasts I've lost about five pounds and my asthma's getting better!
I'm merely a poor college student now, but when I graduate in May you will be getting most of my money.
I was beginning to think people like this didn't exist. People who enjoy scifi, not for the savant-like obsession of memorizing and rattling off all the family members of some ambassador to a world of post-apocalyptic, zombified, half-cyborg creatures. But people who enjoy scifi for the human element that can only be admired from a distance. To observe ourselves as another creature would see us. That's fascinating.
I love hearing the reviews you people post. The well constructed arguments for or against a story. That's science. 
I work in a hospital and I see a lot, I mean a lot of dumb people, but Steve Eley you've given me my faith in humanity back.
Just the ability to hear intelligence once a day on my morning run gives me the motivation to save a life.
I'm so glad you're back, I was really worried.     
Long live EscapePod!

~cxJvak

Zathras

Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 03:28:35 AM
Be careful!  There are some episodes that will make people look at you funny, either because you are laughing or crying or both!

Welcome to the cult!  um...er...

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 04:11:08 AM
The good news is, there's a lot of us. And plenty who havent even been turned on to Ep yet. :)

(dont be so quick to dismiss the fanboys/girls either.. plenty of them are also interested in the more subtle aspects of sci fi and just choose to join in the chorus when people go off about stuff.. :)).