Author Topic: More reviews  (Read 2545 times)

megatron0016

• Extern
on: September 17, 2008, 02:34:09 AM
I'm really enjoying the podcasts and the reviews.  I've only recently been turned on to the site but from what i gather the host is into gaming and i was kind of surprised after seeing the review for Katamary Damacy that there weren't any other game reviews and I would love to hear his take on games both past and present especially those that are science fiction based.  Hope to see some more game reviews in the near future.  Peace

Edit: while I'm thinking about it every once and a while a well written fan fiction would be kind of fun to see
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 02:52:28 AM by megatron0016 »

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 04:07:15 AM
I imagine broadcasting fan fiction would lead to all sorts of legal snafus (the kind of stuff that's creative commons licensed tends not to be quite popular enough for fan fiction). Perhaps have a board for it? I dunno the legal stuff involved with that.

Russell Nash

Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 05:42:54 PM
Fan fic is a legal minefield.  Star Trek continues to exist largely because of fan fic, but I could see someone like Disney (I have no knowledge of Disney's view of fan fic.  They just seem like a company hat would cause trouble.) releasing their lawyers every single time they got a whiff of it.

Alasdair5000

• Editor
    • My blog
Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 09:58:39 PM
And let's not forget Fox's charming and arbitrary habit of closing down, seemingly at random, fan sites.  For their own shows.  Let alone fanfic.