Author Topic: Trying to find a very old story/episode  (Read 105 times)

Niriop

• Extern
on: July 08, 2024, 03:57:14 PM
For the past few years, I've been trying to find an old epsiode (that is, story read) of Escape Pod and for the life of me I cannot remember its name or author or episode number, nor find it on the wiki, so I wonder if anybody can help me.

I'm pretty sure it was somewhere in the first two hundred episodes, so we're talking more than fifteen years ago.

Honestly, I haven't listened to this 'cast for years, and I've signed up to this forum purely for this, that's how bothered I am by this loss of knowledge.

I'll give as good a summary I can, with the ending separate:

A crack team of space troops has been dispatched to an agricultural Earth colony to save the last few survivors of an alien attack (I think they spend the bulk of the story in a barn of sorts?). The aliens have a particular penchant for tearing up human beings alive in order to utilise their brains to predict human behaviour patterns for the purposes of anticipating military tactics and strategy.

[ENDING SPOILER]

The "rescue" was always a mass suicide mission, because retrival was hopeless. Earth's military is losing the war and cannot allow any more human brains to fall into alien hands.

If anyone can help me, I will be eternally grateful. It's a really great story.