Author Topic: Anybody doing NaNoWriMo?  (Read 3851 times)

thomasowenm

• Lochage
  • Servant of The Orator Maleficent
on: October 27, 2008, 07:17:40 PM
I was thinking I might give NaNoWriMO this year.  I was wondering if anybody is planning on it this year, or has done it in the past.
I am undecided as of yet but any pointers or suggestions might help me to clear up my conundrum, or at the very least slap me upside
the head and push me to start. :)

http://www.nanowrimo.org/

Sylvan

• Palmer
    • The Darken Hollow
Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 07:24:48 PM
Without a doubt!

Each year NaNoWriMo has become like an eagerly-awaited holiday for me.  Sure, I work my ass off but it feels GOOD!  The first two times I tried, I failed.  The most recent three times, I succeeded.  My user page is here:

http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/28372

Is anyone else on this board doing NaNoWriMo and or around the Twin Cities of Minneapolis/Saint Paul?

Yours,
Sylvan (Dave)

slothflyer

• Extern
Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 09:16:56 PM
I am going to try...I don't know if I will get all the way through an entire novel, but my goal is to enjoy myself and motivate myself to write.

my username is slothflyer.

oh, and I am new to the forums, I would be posting more in the other forums, but I am new to escape pod/pseudopod/podcastle and I wanted to hear the entire back catalog of escape pod and podcastle before I begin posting thoughts or comments, I am only about 5 behind in podcastle and I am episode 60-something of escape pod.  I plan on listening to pseudopod the same way, but it is better for me to digest horror at a much slower rate.

bluerequiem

• Palmer
    • Blue Requiem - Data Ghosts
Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 10:53:55 PM
I had no idea this existed.  It sounds like a fantastic challenge, I'm going to go sign up right now.  It's kind of a shame though that I just started writing a novella this month....  I guess I'll take a break to try this contest out.

Sylvan

• Palmer
    • The Darken Hollow
Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 05:02:15 PM
Twelve hours and counting...!!!!!  :)

thomasowenm

• Lochage
  • Servant of The Orator Maleficent
Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 02:27:06 AM
Well I joined, my user name is thomasowenm same as with all of the forums I'm on. 
Not quite sure what I'm going to write yet since I can't use the novel I already started.  Even if I'm not successful at least it should act as a catalyst to jump start my creative juices... fingers crossed.