Author Topic: Top 5 most awesome weapons  (Read 39485 times)

CGFxColONeill

• Matross
Reply #100 on: April 14, 2008, 03:40:10 PM
If I wanted to build one, what values would I use for coil L1 and capacitors C8-C17?   :-\

the coil is 300 turns around a nylon ( according to the website) tube stopping every 50 turns and warping it in electrical tape 

the bank of caps is 600 uF at 1000 volts ( the cheapest we could find were like 470 uF at 200 volts and we needed 12)

also the caps in the multiplier are .01 uF at 1.5kV NOT 1000 uF at 1.5 kV that is on the scan ( potentially lethal typo in the article that he talked about on the web site)

It looks to me like L1 is the actual magnetic coil that will go around the projectile, so I would think more winds=better (as long as the wire can handle the current).

sort of but the calculations the guy did were for 300 so we will be using that I think

As far as the caps, I'm at a loss.  It looks like they are the caps that actually store the charge and then deliver the charge to the coil.  Again, larger=more velocity, but the coil has to handle the current.  Some calculations required.

I have no idea what bigger caps would do to it other than up the amp load, you would have to run the numbers for other effects

btw we ran it by an ex- cop and he did not say anything about it being illegal   
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 05:52:00 PM by CGFxColONeill »

Overconfidence - Before you attempt to beat the odds, be sure you could survive the odds beating you.

I am not sure if Life is passing me by or running me over

CGFxColONeill

• Matross
Reply #101 on: March 27, 2009, 04:33:22 PM
I got this in an email last week and I wanted to share it here...
Tell me you dont want one of these at least a little bit

Overconfidence - Before you attempt to beat the odds, be sure you could survive the odds beating you.

Russell Nash

Reply #102 on: March 27, 2009, 04:58:38 PM

A drug dealer's best friend.  And I don't want one.  I have no interest in spraying the street with tiny munitions.  Give me a 1911 any day.

Zathras

Reply #103 on: March 27, 2009, 06:27:02 PM

A drug dealer's best friend.  And I don't want one.  I have no interest in spraying the street with tiny munitions.  Give me a 1911 any day.

Good choice!

CGFxColONeill

• Matross
Reply #104 on: March 28, 2009, 07:48:01 PM
1911 is a good one I just meant for the cool factor I dont really want to spray the street either it just looks really cool imo

Russell Nash

Reply #105 on: March 28, 2009, 07:58:40 PM
1911 is a good one I just meant for the cool factor I dont really want to spray the street either it just looks really cool imo

It's cool the way they were able to put it together, but that thing hitting the market would be very very bad.  Not a single one would end up in the hands of a law abiding citizen.