Author Topic: it's not great, but it's not bad  (Read 2858 times)

Listener

• Hipparch
  • I place things in locations which later elude me.
    • Various and Sundry Items of Interest
on: December 25, 2008, 09:49:28 PM
I have this story I just finished. It's a sci-fi romance. I just did the first round of edits on it today. I also discovered that the third issue of Crossed Genres is accepting stories specifically containing both SFF and romance. I don't have a ton of time to do a ton of polishing on it, and even less time to get it read by someone other than me and a friend or two.

So... would you submit a story that you weren't 100% happy with if you found a market with a rapidly-approaching submission deadline (in this case, December 31)? I think I have a pretty decent shot at getting it accepted.

If anyone wants to give the story -- "The Next Time Around" -- a quick run-through, PM me your e-mail address and I'll googleshare it with you. By quick I mean turned around by Sunday at 9pm, to give me enough time to make more edits and proofread again.

"Farts are a hug you can smell." -Wil Wheaton

Blog || Quote Blog ||  Written and Audio Work || Twitter: @listener42

bebo2012

• Extern
Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 02:50:21 PM
hi im new to this web site and if you like i can have alok at your story, i teach an english lit class in dublin ireland, my email is bebo2012@gmail.com talk soon

Listener

• Hipparch
  • I place things in locations which later elude me.
    • Various and Sundry Items of Interest
Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 04:19:09 PM
Thanks, but I've already submitted it for consideration in a publication.

"Farts are a hug you can smell." -Wil Wheaton

Blog || Quote Blog ||  Written and Audio Work || Twitter: @listener42