Author Topic: xml feed  (Read 7558 times)

Zathras

  • Guest
on: December 29, 2008, 07:03:22 AM
Is there something wrong with the xml feed?  My podcatcher isn't finding any episodes, even though there is one for each of the three casts.



Bdoomed

  • Pseudopod Tiger
  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 5891
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 07:56:20 AM
tis all fine on my end... make sure the right url is put in...

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?


Zathras

  • Guest
Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 07:58:34 AM
Thanks, I'll check it later today if I ever get any sleep.  Fraggin' cold!  I've been using the same podcatcher all year.  My brain is too fuzzy to mess with it right now.  Wonder if using my home network instead of Sprint air card is messing with my catcher.  Will worry about it later.



CammoBlammo

  • Matross
  • ****
  • Posts: 199
Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 11:31:20 AM
For what it's worth I'm still waiting for the EP Christmas ep, and I just realised I haven't seen the other two casts for a while either. I too use the non-iTunes feed. So I'm guessing it's a problem at the EA end.



Russell Nash

  • Guest
Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 12:10:38 PM
I have this happen to different podcasts from time to time.  I unsubscribe and then re-subscribe and all continues as normal.



Zathras

  • Guest
Reply #5 on: January 01, 2009, 12:25:43 PM
There seems to be a new address for the feed.

I followed Russel's advice and unsubscribed and subscribed again.  All is working now.  I'm still fighting a fairly nasty bout of congestion, so I wasn't going to mess with it yet. 



Russell Nash

  • Guest
Reply #6 on: January 01, 2009, 12:45:44 PM
It doesn't seem to be an address change.  If it was, everyone would have this problem.  I just like to think that sometimes the podcatchers get confused.



Zathras

  • Guest
Reply #7 on: January 01, 2009, 12:50:59 PM
Mine must've gotten confused.  I had nothing at all like:  feedproxy.google.com anywhere in my catcher.  It works now, so it's all good.



zZzacha

  • Peltast
  • ***
  • Posts: 100
  • Did I just say that?
Reply #8 on: January 01, 2009, 02:42:56 PM
Thanks for posting that, Zathras! I hadn't even noticed that my feeds weren't working.

Zathras is right: the 'old' feeds stopped working. I had these feeds in my RSS reader:
http://feeds.pseudopod.org/Pseudopod
http://feeds.escapeartists.net/PodCastle_Main
http://feeds.escapepod.org/EscapePod

I guess these are inactive now? I updated my reader with the google-rss links, I'm all up-to-date again :)

It is never too late to be what you might have been.


CammoBlammo

  • Matross
  • ****
  • Posts: 199
Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 09:36:28 PM
Thanks for posting that, Zathras! I hadn't even noticed that my feeds weren't working.

Zathras is right: the 'old' feeds stopped working. I had these feeds in my RSS reader:
http://feeds.pseudopod.org/Pseudopod
http://feeds.escapeartists.net/PodCastle_Main
http://feeds.escapepod.org/EscapePod

I guess these are inactive now? I updated my reader with the google-rss links, I'm all up-to-date again :)

Then what are the new addresses? These are links on the respective sites, and they're the ones I have in my software.



Zathras

  • Guest
Reply #10 on: January 05, 2009, 10:54:02 PM



DP

  • Extern
  • *
  • Posts: 1
Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 09:25:33 PM
Not sure how long the old server is going to be up, but there seems to be a configuration problem:

Code: [Select]
>telnet feeds.escapepod.org 80
GET /EscapePod HTTP/1.1
If-Modified-Since: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 14:33:16 GMT
Host: feeds.escapepod.org

HTTP/1.1 304 Not Modified
...
Warning: Request serviced by FeedInsurance

Code: [Select]
>telnet feeds.escapepod.org 80
GET /EscapePod HTTP/1.1
Host: feeds.escapepod.org

HTTP/1.1 302 Found
...
Location: http://feedproxy.feedburner.com/EscapePod

So readers that try and be nice get screwed!