Author Topic: Casting Call: Female Voice for a Horror Short Story in a Podcast Episode  (Read 3801 times)

TristanPEJ

• Extern
  • Keep on Rocking the V-World
    • The Universe of Tristan
Hello, my name's Tristan Johnson and just a few days ago I began a variety podcast called "The Universe of Tristan" which is at www.TristanPEJ.com (sorry for the shameless self-promotion). I'm looking for a female voice to read a ~2000 word short story submitted to me. It's a horror and I'm working on a tight deadline here so prompt responses would be appreciated.

If interested please email a clip to TristanPEJ@gmail.com of any (or both) of the following lines:

"One by one, I read them all, and they all said the same thing. Hello. That was it. Twenty-two times, and there was no sender. It didn’t say “unavailable,” or “blocked.” The sender line was completely blank.
I couldn’t respond to the messages, either. There was no “reply” button for me to hit.
Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello."

“What the hell is this?” I said angrily. I laugh when I hear stories about people getting so angry while playing video games that they fling and break controllers, but I was having the same exact urge now. Just throw it against the wall, I told myself, but I couldn’t do it. The damn thing cost me over a hundred bucks.

Now unfortunately I can't pay you, but you will be fully credited and the listeners will be directed to whatever works you want to promote. If this goes over well there is opportunity for the future as this will really be the first real content episode. I want to get off on a good start and if you think you have a voice that will keep me awake at night, please send a clip.

www.TristanPEJ.com
The Universe of Tristan:
News and stories from around the world

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
ooh cool i'll have to check this out! :)
I'm sure you will find someone, if not here you might try emailing Steve, he probably has a list of people he asks to read stories he might give you.

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

TristanPEJ

• Extern
  • Keep on Rocking the V-World
    • The Universe of Tristan
thanks for the kind words/advice
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 10:26:36 PM by TristanPEJ »

www.TristanPEJ.com
The Universe of Tristan:
News and stories from around the world