Author Topic: Three truths and a lie  (Read 68854 times)

Portrait in Flesh

• Hipparch
  • NO KILL I
Reply #175 on: April 19, 2009, 03:07:44 PM
Zathras, I hope you aren't a superstitious guy.

I had a dream in which you died and I was at your funeral. It makes no sense because I've never met you.

???
Oh man, didn't we just spray for zombies?

And my choice is...#4.  Bad, naughty pupil you are if that turns out to be a truth.   :P

"Boys from the city.  Not yet caught by the whirlwind of Progress.  Feed soda pop to the thirsty pigs." --The Beast of Yucca Flats

birdless

• Lochage
  • Five is right out.
Reply #176 on: April 20, 2009, 02:14:24 AM
I'll go with number 3. No real particular reason for me, either. Too tired to try to divine why the intuition points me that way.

slic

• Hipparch
  • Stephen Lumini
Reply #177 on: April 21, 2009, 02:36:15 PM
Ok, here's the answers:

1. True - not my proudest moment, but it happen on a soccer field in a national tournament.  I can't say it was entirely an accident, but I did feel bad later (we lost the game too)
2. True - my son was playing on a dock in a man made pond and fell in.  He was about two and a half.  I jumped in fully clothed and didn't have to go as far a mouth to mouth, but he had swallowed a lot of water by the time I brought him up.  Ruined a perfectly good pocket watch too, which I tease him about to this day ;-)
3. True - and a lot easier than you might think
4. Which makes this the lie - Never cheated - thought about it from time to time, especially for Thermodynamics,but never did.

zobmie

Reply #178 on: May 06, 2009, 07:21:24 PM
1. I spent time in jail when I was in High School.
2. I was involved in a fight in a strip club.
3. Two people I am related to have been on the TV show "America's Most Wanted".
4. I once broke my friend's back.

Zathras

Reply #179 on: May 06, 2009, 07:23:45 PM

I know, I know!!!!

MacArthurBug

• Giddy
  • Hipparch
  • I can resist anything except temptation
    • undercaffinated
Reply #180 on: May 06, 2009, 07:38:01 PM

Hiya Tink!
1- Depends on which side of the bars, but plausible
2. heck I've done this.
3.heehee.. well you did marry Z.. and that means you're a "special" kinda lady.  ;)
4.ow! But.. I bet it's one of those guilty nagging things that needed a confession, so plausible.

ok pure guesswork- I'm saying three. But can't wait to hear the stories behind all of these.

Oh, great and mighty Alasdair, Orator Maleficent, He of the Silvered Tongue, guide this humble fangirl past jumping up and down and squeeing upon hearing the greatness of Thy voice.
Oh mighty Mur the Magnificent. I am not worthy.

Zathras

Reply #181 on: May 06, 2009, 07:45:29 PM
Wait, wait, WAIT!!!!!!

I would like to state, for the record, that...

I HAVE NEVER BEEN ON AMERICA'S MOST WANTED!!!

MacArthurBug

• Giddy
  • Hipparch
    • undercaffinated
Reply #182 on: May 06, 2009, 07:47:04 PM
Wait, wait, WAIT!!!!!!

I would like to state, for the record, that...

I HAVE NEVER BEEN ON AMERICA'S MOST WANTED!!!

she said related to...

are you from arkansas?

Oh, great and mighty Alasdair, Orator Maleficent, He of the Silvered Tongue, guide this humble fangirl past jumping up and down and squeeing upon hearing the greatness of Thy voice.

Zathras

Reply #183 on: May 06, 2009, 08:03:26 PM
I was merely cutting off that line of questioning before it got started.

But we will be living in Arizona soon...

MacArthurBug

• Giddy
  • Hipparch
    • undercaffinated
Reply #184 on: May 06, 2009, 09:48:08 PM
OH NOS!!!

Russell Nash

Reply #185 on: May 07, 2009, 12:52:42 PM
I'm going to say number 3, because I want to hear the stories from the other ones.

lowky

• Hipparch
  • from http://lovecraftismissing.com/?page_id=3142
Reply #186 on: May 07, 2009, 02:15:07 PM
I'm going to say number 3, because I want to hear the stories from the other ones.

Personally i think #4 is the lie 3 is too obvious to be a lie otherwise

zobmie

Reply #187 on: May 07, 2009, 06:56:15 PM
1. I spent time in jail when I was in High School. - This is TRUE.  My dad worked for the jail for 25 years.  When I was in HS I would often go visit him at work. (A pathetic way to spend a Friday night, but it kept me out of trouble.)

2. I was involved in a fight in a strip club. - LIE  While I have been to a couple strip clubs I have never been involved in a fight at one.  Got this one from my brother who has gotten in a fight in a strip club.

3. Two people I am related to have been on the TV show "America's Most Wanted". - TRUE Years ago there was an escape at the jail my dad worked at and as a part of that story my dad was interviewed.  The second person is my estranged step-cousin's husband.  He shot a police officer and fled the area.  He made the #1 spot on the Most Wanted list and was featured on the show.  He was caught a couple of weeks later and is still awaiting trial.

4. I once broke my friend's back. - Sad but TRUE.  When I first got my driver's license I took my brother and my friends for a ride on some dirt roads on the mesa.  On the way back my brother convinced me to see how fast my car would go.  Not a good idea on a bumpy desert dirt road.  I rolled my car and since we weren't wearing seatbelts I flew into the back seat on top of my friend thus breaking her back.