Author Topic: ZARGA III: "Good Al Hunting"  (Read 75733 times)

deflective

• Hipparch
Reply #75 on: March 08, 2009, 02:10:14 AM
gonna suggest some stuff i wasn't sure about.

PP72:  Heavy Rains.  Shaun of the Dead: "Pseudopod is off down the Winchester."
this exact line wasn't used in Shaun of the dead, i haven't seen minder. this is more pseudopody

PP74:  Tumble. Mimic: "Pseudopod, these are lungs."
from MacArthurBug, sounds right to me

PP75:  The Mill. Pitch Black: "Pseudopod wants to know where you'll be when the dieing starts."
taken from: "I don't know truly what's gonna happen when the lights go out, Carolyn. But I do know once the dying starts, this little psycho-fuck family of ours is gonna rip itself apart."

PP83:  Heartstrung. Hot Fuzz: "Pseudopod wants to know what the matter is, you've never taken a shortcut before?"
from the fence jumping scene.

PP85:  Living in Sepia. Sixth Sense: "Pseudopod is ready to tell you a secret."
Zathras

PP90:  The Exhibition. Enemy of the State: "Pseudopod knows you should never touch the body."
MacArthurBug. sure, why not?

PP93:  The Land of Reeds. Signs: "Pseudopod wants to know if it's possible that there are no coincidences."
MacArthurBug

PP95:  No Tomorrows. The Happening: "Pseudopod is talking to a plastic plant"
MacArthurBug

PP99.  Photo Finish. The Kingdom: "Pseudopod wants to know how you want to go out, on your feet or on your knees?"
MacArthurBug

PP101:  Homecoming. Se7en: "Pseudopod wants to know, if they made a movie about all of this, who would play you?"
Raving_Lunatic

PP105:  Pattern Masters. Fargo: "Pseudopod, Pseudopod is kind of funny lookin'."
same scene as pp78: "Pseudopod would like to know:  Funny looking how?"

PP109:  In the Coils of the Serpent. The Usual Suspects: "Pseudopod would like you to start at the beginning to ensure you know nothing."
this line was never in the movie, just a shot in the dark

PP123:  Bone Sigh. Titan AE: "Pseudopod would like to know if there's even a plan B."
i trust you =)

PP56:  Crab Apple.  "Pseudopod, despite what you claimed to have seen, didn't show up on any of the cameras we had installed."
PP94:  The Skull Faced Boy.  "Pseudopod realizes you need both things (???)"
we're gonna need to know what this quote actually is

PP98:  Among the Moabites.  "Pseudopod...Pseudopod can hear something coming."
PP102:  Dear Killer.  "Pseudopod cannot be harmed by conventional weaponry."
PP127:  The Garden and the Mirror.  "Pseudopod looked in that room just a second ago and no one was there."
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 09:45:54 PM by deflective »

MacArthurBug

• Giddy
  • Hipparch
  • I can resist anything except temptation
    • undercaffinated
Reply #76 on: March 09, 2009, 03:56:08 PM
I, personally am tapped out. I've suggested for everything I know, could guess, or could look up. :(

Oh, great and mighty Alasdair, Orator Maleficent, He of the Silvered Tongue, guide this humble fangirl past jumping up and down and squeeing upon hearing the greatness of Thy voice.
Oh mighty Mur the Magnificent. I am not worthy.

Alasdair5000

• Editor
    • My blog
Reply #77 on: March 09, 2009, 08:06:17 PM
And you've done intimidatingly well, good job:)

FamilyGuy

• Matross
Reply #78 on: March 09, 2009, 10:33:47 PM

Was this from Terminator 2?

When will all the rhetorical questions end?

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #79 on: March 10, 2009, 12:37:19 AM

Was this from Terminator 2?
i was thinking Transformers

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

MacArthurBug

• Giddy
  • Hipparch
    • undercaffinated
Reply #80 on: March 10, 2009, 05:37:19 PM
85- Psudopod is ready to tell you a secret: Is this from The sixth sense? it feels about right
98- absolute shot in the dark but I want to say either Cloverfield (simply 'cause Al likes it so much) or 1408- based on nothing other then whim.
but I'm still tapped on the rest. It's just 85 sounded familiar.

This trivia is addictive- but I need answers (to the remaining few) soon, least my little brain will bust!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 05:45:53 PM by MacArthurBug »

Oh, great and mighty Alasdair, Orator Maleficent, He of the Silvered Tongue, guide this humble fangirl past jumping up and down and squeeing upon hearing the greatness of Thy voice.

deflective

• Hipparch
Reply #81 on: March 10, 2009, 09:21:01 PM
the problem with these last quotes is that they could have come from so many different movies. Zathras had mentioned the sixth sense for the ready to tell a secret quote.

PP56:  Crab Apple. Contact: "Pseudopod, despite what you claimed to have seen, didn't show up on any of the cameras we had installed."
something like this happened in the x-files but the hint here may be the 'cameras we had installed.' ...gah! just came to me right now! i was concentrating on ghosts too much.
we're still gonna need to know what this quote actually is

could be cloverfield, or any daikaiju flick. jurassic park comes to mind. could be the lone ranger for that matter.

so many possibilities. this exact line doesn't appear in either terminator 2 or transformers (allsubs.org is a great place to check). could be war of the worlds or daikaiju. heck, doctor who or nightmare on elm street are possibilities.

PP127:  The Garden and the Mirror.  "Pseudopod looked in that room just a second ago and no one was there."
not jumper. i'm thinking of ghosts again but i don't trust that after pp56.

Poppydragon

• Peltast
Reply #82 on: March 10, 2009, 09:37:12 PM
the problem with these last quotes is that they could have come from so many different movies. Zathras had mentioned the sixth sense for the ready to tell a secret quote.

PP56:  Crab Apple. Contact: "Pseudopod, despite what you claimed to have seen, didn't show up on any of the cameras we had installed."
something like this happened in the x-files but the hint here may be the 'cameras we had installed.' ...gah! just came to me right now! i was concentrating on ghosts too much.

we're still gonna need to know what this quote actually is

could be cloverfield, or any daikaiju flick. jurassic park comes to mind. could be the lone ranger for that matter.

so many possibilities. this exact line doesn't appear in either terminator 2 or transformers (allsubs.org is a great place to check). could be war of the worlds or daikaiju. heck, doctor who or nightmare on elm street are possibilities.

not jumper. i'm thinking of ghosts again but i don't trust that after pp56.

something like this happened in the x-files but the hint here may be the 'cameras we had installed.' ...gah! just came to me right now! i was concentrating on ghosts too much. One of the Predator movies? 2 perhaps?

so many possibilities. this exact line doesn't appear in either terminator 2 or transformers (allsubs.org is a great place to check). could be war of the worlds or daikaiju. heck, doctor who or nightmare on elm street are possibilities. Reign of Fire???

Man - despite his artistic pretensions, his sophistication, and his many accomplishments - owes his existence to a six inch layer of topsoil and the fact that it rains.

MacArthurBug

• Giddy
  • Hipparch
    • undercaffinated
Reply #83 on: March 10, 2009, 10:49:34 PM
Zathras had mentioned the sixth sense for the ready to tell a secret quote.
lols- would explain why it sounded right- it sounded good to someone else too

MacArthurBug

• Giddy
  • Hipparch
    • undercaffinated
Reply #84 on: March 14, 2009, 05:43:15 AM
It looks like Z is pulling the plug on this one soon and Swamp wants to get rolling on the next thing. I'm sure there's a way to tie this up neatly. I suppose If we've run out of answers the great and mighty Al could supply us with those that we're missing- I'm pretty sure we have on here lists of unsures of unknowns but I could tally that up- if it's nessesary.  Who has more answers? Who (like me) is tapped out of answers? C'mon folks don't be shy, nothin's wrong with guessing!

deflective

• Hipparch
Reply #85 on: March 14, 2009, 06:57:04 AM
my last list had all the unknowns left, tho some of the answers we have are of questionable quality. i'll make a couple more 'best guesses' and add to those questionable answers. we should at least try our best before Al puts us straight.

PP94:  The Skull Faced Boy. Gilmore Girls: "Pseudopod realizes you need both things (???)"
it can be tough to understand those girls sometimes. they were probably talking about shoes.

PP98:  Among the Moabites. Jurassic Park: "Pseudopod...Pseudopod can hear something coming."
some of these aren't actually said in the movie; jurassic park has the quintessential 'hear something coming' scene.

PP102:  Dear Killer. War of the Worlds: "Pseudopod cannot be harmed by conventional weaponry."
whenever i look at this one i'm put in mind of Norm Sherman's immortal lines:
your sticks and stones may break my bones and your flamethrowers may burn me
but only direct headshots will ultimately concern me.

again, this line that may not be said in the movie. it probably wasn't reign of fire since a guy was using an axe in that movie and that's pretty much the most conventional weapon there is (short of a club). i'm guessing war of the worlds for some classic b&w presence. that, and if the phrase 'conventional weapons' is used then you want a nuclear payoff.

still no clue on this one. several possibilities but this feels like a line that was said and nothing suggests itself.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 07:05:26 AM by deflective »

Zathras

Reply #86 on: March 14, 2009, 12:43:49 PM
Here's a hint for you:

Reread the initial post.

Zathras

Reply #87 on: March 29, 2009, 03:08:12 PM
Tick tock, tick tock.

Whoever posts the completed list wins first place.  I'm pretty sure Alasdair will record the voice mail message for everyone that participated, but only 1st place gets a disc from Poddisc.com.

Russell Nash

Reply #88 on: April 01, 2009, 09:19:13 PM
Hey Al,

Do you know any German?  I could really go for the English butler sound on my answering machine.  And yes I do use a machine.  When I'm dealing with kids and such, I'm not answering the damn phone (or bothering to look at the ID) unless it's someone I want to talk to.

Alasdair5000

• Editor
    • My blog
Reply #89 on: April 01, 2009, 09:55:34 PM
Tick tock, tick tock.

Whoever posts the completed list wins first place.  I'm pretty sure Alasdair will record the voice mail message for everyone that participated, but only 1st place gets a disc from Poddisc.com.

I'd be happy to:)

Alasdair5000

• Editor
    • My blog
Reply #90 on: April 01, 2009, 09:56:04 PM
Hey Al,

Do you know any German?  I could really go for the English butler sound on my answering machine.  And yes I do use a machine.  When I'm dealing with kids and such, I'm not answering the damn phone (or bothering to look at the ID) unless it's someone I want to talk to.

As a matter of fact, yeah I do:)  Bit broken but it'll buff up fine:)

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #91 on: April 02, 2009, 04:11:54 AM
how can someone else record my answering machine?

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Russell Nash

Reply #92 on: April 02, 2009, 06:21:54 AM
how can someone else record my answering machine?

There are a couple of different ways including giving the other person the remote code and using an adapter, so you can hook up your computer to the phone in line.

MacArthurBug

• Giddy
  • Hipparch
    • undercaffinated
Reply #93 on: April 04, 2009, 01:17:40 PM
Tick tock, tick tock.

Poo- I wish I could figure out the rest, but I am honestly stumped on the remaining few.