Author Topic: dollhouse DollHouse DOLLHOUSE  (Read 60077 times)

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #125 on: May 19, 2009, 10:08:04 PM
I liked Dollhouse better, personally, but I will miss Sarah Connor Chronicles. Although I stopped watching it after fox stupidly moved it from Mon. to Fri.

Fox sucks.

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #126 on: May 19, 2009, 10:41:11 PM
I liked Dollhouse better, personally, but I will miss Sarah Connor Chronicles. Although I stopped watching it after fox stupidly moved it from Mon. to Fri.

TiVo is my friend.  I don't have to care about what night a show airs, or what time of day or night. 
Apparently the networks (not just FOX) are stuck in a paleolithic mindset that considers people who don't watch a show live as it airs, to be irrelevant.  I mean, even VCRs have been around for decades.

Fox sucks.

"Dat entirely too correct!"

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #127 on: May 20, 2009, 02:18:04 AM
The stupid VCR in my TV broke a while ago, and no TIVO.

*sad face*

oh well, I get by. :)

stePH

• Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
Reply #128 on: May 20, 2009, 03:23:44 AM
Why even bother with Dollhouse any more?  No guarantees that FUX won't cancel it at the end of next season.  I'm tempted to just give up on FUX and be done with them ... I suppose they'll be cancelling House next (which I think is the only other show on that network that I watch)

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #129 on: May 20, 2009, 04:07:40 AM
Why even bother with Dollhouse any more?  No guarantees that FUX won't cancel it at the end of next season.  I'm tempted to just give up on FUX and be done with them ... I suppose they'll be cancelling House next (which I think is the only other show on that network that I watch)

Well, to each their own, but I enjoyed each episode up to and including the season finale. Looking forward to what next season may bring, regardless of Fox's manipulation.

I absolutely love House too. I suspect its on somewhat safer ground, as it seems to have gained mainstream appeal.

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #130 on: May 20, 2009, 05:17:55 PM
Oh and as an aside...

why we should not boycott fox, from the guy behind Sarah Conner Chronicles

http://io9.com/5260239/sarah-connors-boss-says-goodbye

stePH

• Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
Reply #131 on: May 21, 2009, 05:06:37 PM
I think watching Dollhouse from here on out, each episode is going to make me die a little more inside.

Russell Nash

Reply #132 on: June 03, 2009, 12:47:33 PM
I mentioned way back in the beginning of this thread that Eliza is just too thin right now.  I think it's really unhealthy, but more importantly, it makes her character unbelievable.  When she's in "secret agent mode" she fights and kicks the butts of guys who are seventy pounds of pure muscle heavier than her.  She's so thin even with super skills she wouldn't be able to take one of these guys.

This picture was posted in our Picture Association thread.  I think she is a far better example of what Echo should look like.  She's drop dead gorgeous and she's strong.

It would be a lot easier to give Eliza that body than to teach Allison Stokke (The lady in the pic) how to act.

Loz

• Lochage
    • Blah Flowers
Reply #133 on: June 07, 2009, 01:56:12 PM
I don't mind either way, it started poorly, got good in the middle and then plummeted back into the bad place quite hard for it's last episode, I'm trying to tell myself that the first series of Buffy wasn't that good either...

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #134 on: June 07, 2009, 02:46:35 PM
I thought the last episode was pretty good myself.

CGFxColONeill

• Matross
Reply #135 on: June 07, 2009, 10:22:44 PM
I still like the second episode the best this season... I was shocked when I found out they had renewed it though as I was pretty sure it was dead when they started it out on friday nights ( fox's attempt to kill another of Joss's shows?) that said I am really happy that they did though

Overconfidence - Before you attempt to beat the odds, be sure you could survive the odds beating you.

I am not sure if Life is passing me by or running me over

Russell Nash

Reply #136 on: June 08, 2009, 12:56:53 PM
It seems that the Friday night placement wasn't the dumbest of ideas.  The fans of the show seem to come from the most technically proficient viewers.  So they took a night where very few people watch TV, and put on a show where most of the viewers use Tivo.  The Neilson ratings were consistently crap for this show, but the Tivo ratings were always rather high.

stePH

• Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
Reply #137 on: June 08, 2009, 02:55:25 PM
I'd still rather have Terminator renewed.

Praxis

Reply #138 on: June 28, 2009, 05:25:35 PM
(I'm assuming that this thread doesn't need spoiler warnings, given the topic.)

A thought:
 by the end of the last episode/series agent Ballard is going to be part of the Dollhouse.  We see him apparently just about to start in his new job, once he sees that his ex-neighbour is being released. All is well......

But we don't see him going from
'hey, I've finally broken in to this godawful place and am going to shut it down' to
'Hey, this Dollhouse is fine to work in, and I have no problems with being part of what goes on here (letting someone's ex sell them into this place and routinely hire them back for rape-visits,for example) at all. Tra-la-la'

Does anyone *really* buy that he agreed to this?
Personally I'm waiting for the reveal that they strapped him down and re-wired his brain so that he thought he wanted to work there, etc.

But maybe I just don't want to believe that Helo I mean Ballard would sell-out.

deflective

• Hipparch
Reply #139 on: June 28, 2009, 10:25:08 PM
he may be working it from the inside.  he just found out that dollhouse is a massive international operation, he needs to collect information before he has any real chance of revealing them.

genroxbro

Reply #140 on: July 28, 2009, 11:52:51 PM
Hi. Does anyone know where I can view previous episodes of dollhouse. Ive just seen the adverts and want to watch it but realise that Ive missed 3 episodes.

I would appreciate any help ?

Regards
Trev

Mod: This user has been banned because of spamming.  I'm leaving this post, since it got some interesting responses.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 08:54:51 AM by Russell Nash »

stePH

• Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
Reply #141 on: July 29, 2009, 05:17:54 AM
bittorrent.

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #142 on: July 29, 2009, 07:30:19 AM
or..

http://www.surfthechannel.com/show/73235.html

That list's a little sketchy, nto sure how many of those will work, but no download.

Russell Nash

Reply #143 on: July 29, 2009, 08:14:51 AM
The DVDs are already out, so you should just be able to rent it.

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #144 on: September 21, 2009, 06:44:24 PM
Okay, Dollhouse fans, if I was going to give a show another chance, what episodes from season 1 are worth watching? I mean, completely worth watching. I know the last episode or two were supposed to be really good, and the 13th episode on DVD only. So that's three. Were there any others?

I don't want to waste an hour of my time for 20 seconds of mythology - that was part of what turned me off when I watched back-up dancer ep. But if there's other episodes worthwhile, I'd be curious...

Praxis

Reply #145 on: September 22, 2009, 09:35:26 PM
I think it's hard to say which episodes in series 1 are (the only) ones worth watching.  Partly because there are various "reveals" thoughout the series but also because in most episodes we are shown a different aspect of the Dollhouse process or ethos and/or of the possible uses of the imprinting technology and how it can go so very very wrong.

I'd say watch them all, if only so that by the end (and in readiness for season 2) you have all the nuances you should have to get what is going on.

Or, if you have to have a smaller list,
definitely avoid episodes 2 and 3, and probably also 5
definitely definitely see episodes 6 7 8 and the the finale

...but then episode 10 has some light to shed on the whole story, episode 11 was a bit slow but explains what is happening in the finale...... Generally, I don't know how interesting some of the twists would be if you've not seen the earlier context, you may have to just bite the bullet and watch them all, there's not that many.

stePH

• Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
Reply #146 on: October 06, 2009, 03:38:23 AM
Just got done watching last Friday's episode.  I'm trying to enjoy the show, but it's kind of hard when I wish I were watching Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles instead. :(

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #147 on: October 06, 2009, 03:42:03 AM
I rather like Dollhouse more than the Chronicles myself - but I do miss summer Glau's character.

that was a good show. They do always cancel the good stuff, those f*ckers.

lowky

• Hipparch
  • from http://lovecraftismissing.com/?page_id=3142
Reply #148 on: October 06, 2009, 04:29:04 AM
I rather like Dollhouse more than the Chronicles myself - but I do miss summer Glau's character.

that was a good show. They do always cancel the good stuff, those f*ckers.

Well she is joining the cast of Dollhouse so win some lose some...

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #149 on: October 06, 2009, 05:24:16 AM
That's what I'd _heard_ though I'd also heard of STC's potential resurrection.