Author Topic: It  (Read 5524 times)

Poppydragon

• Peltast
on: March 15, 2009, 06:59:11 AM
Read last night that they are remaking Stephen King's "It" as a movie, apparently the mini series was voted the scariest piece of TV ever in Britain... I just hope they make the final scenes less cheesy than in the series.

Man - despite his artistic pretensions, his sophistication, and his many accomplishments - owes his existence to a six inch layer of topsoil and the fact that it rains.

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 02:34:12 PM
Read last night that they are remaking Stephen King's "It" as a movie, apparently the mini series was voted the scariest piece of TV ever in Britain... I just hope they make the final scenes less cheesy than in the series.

The final battle in the miniseries is among my biggest disappointments on film.  But then, I'm not sure how I would have gone about filming the way it went down in the book.

The first half of the miniseries was really good, though.

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising

deflective

• Hipparch
Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 04:47:28 AM
I'm not sure how I would have gone about filming the way it went down in the book.

same thing goes for that pre-teen gangbang... yeah... it happened in complete darkness, how do you film that?

stePH

• Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 09:04:44 PM
I'm not sure how I would have gone about filming the way it went down in the book.

same thing goes for that pre-teen gangbang... yeah... it happened in complete darkness, how do you film that?

I'd leave that out.  It wasn't even necessary in the book, IMO.

deflective

• Hipparch
Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 03:15:48 AM
i don't see how hollywood would risk leaving it out. =P

stePH

• Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 06:25:39 PM

I think the only reason it was even in the book is because King's editor is piss-scared to cut so much as a single line of his (if, indeed, he has editors any more).

I mean, a real editor would have pointed out what absolute crap the last couple of books of The Dark Tower were.  But that's a whole 'nother barrel of fish.

gelee

• Lochage
  • It's a missile, boy.
Reply #6 on: March 20, 2009, 01:42:42 PM

I think the only reason it was even in the book is because King's editor is piss-scared to cut so much as a single line of his (if, indeed, he has editors any more).

I mean, a real editor would have pointed out what absolute crap the last couple of books of The Dark Tower were.  But that's a whole 'nother barrel of fish.
Yeah, I'm a pretty hard-core King fan, and I've been very dissapointed at the unevenness of his work over the last few years.  There were some good ones.  Bag of Bones was great, but Cell was just terrible.  "Lisey's Story" read like a King knock-off, but "Duma Key" was great.  "Everything's Eventual" was a great collection.  Anymore, I've come to suspect that King is a much better short story writer than he is a novelist, as good as that is when he hits the mark.

Planish

• Hipparch
  • Fun will now commence.
    • northernelectric.ca
Reply #7 on: April 20, 2009, 03:30:59 AM
Bag of Bones was great, but Cell was just terrible.
And I thought just the opposite of both.
Chacun à son goût.

I feed The Pod.
("planish" rhymes with "vanish")

MacArthurBug

• Giddy
  • Hipparch
  • I can resist anything except temptation
    • undercaffinated
Reply #8 on: May 01, 2009, 03:27:28 PM
King needs an editor that's not afraid of him. I thought Cell was giggle worthy- after all until very recently I myself was a cellphone holdout- and still refuse to be a rude cell phone user.  I'm pretty sure Cell was just a King sized rant against those rudies...

Oh, great and mighty Alasdair, Orator Maleficent, He of the Silvered Tongue, guide this humble fangirl past jumping up and down and squeeing upon hearing the greatness of Thy voice.
Oh mighty Mur the Magnificent. I am not worthy.