Author Topic: Hugos?  (Read 5371 times)

Horatio

• Extern
on: March 23, 2009, 02:17:43 AM
Will any of the Hugo nominees be run on escape Pod this year?

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 02:48:15 AM
'course! always are, always will...
at least i hope so! :P

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 05:49:30 PM

Of course, in keeping with Escape Pod tradition, one nominee will not be read on the podcast.  :P

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising

Heradel

• Bill Peters, EP Assistant
  • Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 06:02:42 PM

Of course, in keeping with Escape Pod tradition, one nominee will not be read on the podcast.  :P

Though, notably, not because EP didn't want to run it.

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 08:01:37 PM

Though, notably, not because EP didn't want to run it.

That's always been the case.  And I was kidding; I don't know how many nominees EP is running this year.  Are they one short again?

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising

Ben Phillips

• Lich King
  • Matross
    • Pseudopod
Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 11:44:51 AM

I'm sad to announce that Escape Pod *will* be breaking with this tradition this year.  All of the nominees will appear on the podcast, with no exceptions. 

Sorry.

(Disclaimer:  All the contracts aren't back yet.  But we're pretty certain.)

eytanz

Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 12:15:31 PM

I'm sad to announce that Escape Pod *will* be breaking with this tradition this year.  All of the nominees will appear on the podcast, with no exceptions. 

Sorry.

That's how it goes. New management comes in, and ruins everything. I think all us forumites should express our outrage by boycotting one of the hugo episodes - if we refuse to listen to one, that way it will at least feel like old times.

;)

Russell Nash

Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 01:45:56 PM

Sorry.

That's how it goes. New management comes in, and ruins everything. I think all us forumites should express our outrage by boycotting one of the hugo episodes - if we refuse to listen to one, that way it will at least feel like old times.

;)

I fully support this.  I will not post a thread for one of the episodes.

Boggled Coriander

• Lochage
    • Balancing Frogs
Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 03:45:26 PM
Slightly off topic, but people round here might be interested that StarShipSofa's just put up podcasts of all 7 Nebula-nominated short stories. 

There's one overlap with the Hugos - Kij Johnson's "26 Monkeys, Also the Abyss" got nominated for both.

"The meteor formed a crater, vampires crawling out of the crater." -  The Lyttle Lytton contest

Darwinist

• Hipparch
Reply #9 on: April 02, 2009, 05:28:37 PM

Sorry.

Yes!   

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.    -  Carl Sagan

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
Reply #10 on: April 06, 2009, 11:50:21 PM
I just listened to "26 Monkeys, Also the Abyss" this weekend.  Good story.  Looking forward to hearing the Escape Pod version and comparing the readings!

Clutron

• Palmer
Reply #11 on: April 13, 2009, 08:20:27 PM
I'm so excited for the Hugos this year...I'm saving up so I can listen to them all at once.  Thank you Steve and the rest of the Escape Artist Production team!  Your work is our play.

Darwinist

• Hipparch
Reply #12 on: April 20, 2009, 01:47:43 AM
I just listened to "26 Monkeys, Also the Abyss" this weekend.  Good story.  Looking forward to hearing the Escape Pod version and comparing the readings!

I was too.....but it is the same reading.   I thought the story was just OK, but I'm more of a sci-fi feller. 

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.    -  Carl Sagan