Author Topic: PC049: Return of the Warrior  (Read 15710 times)

MacArthurBug

• Giddy
  • Hipparch
  • I can resist anything except temptation
    • undercaffinated
Reply #25 on: May 01, 2009, 03:39:03 PM
bit late on the uptake here -  I liked the reading, but I rarely have issue with the readings.
The story got a mixed feeling from me. In parts I felt just dumb- like there was something being discussed that I just wasn't smart enough to get- overall, once I got over it and decided to ignore the "big words" I liked the story, either it picked up and got going.. or I got over feeling like a silly girl.

Oh, great and mighty Alasdair, Orator Maleficent, He of the Silvered Tongue, guide this humble fangirl past jumping up and down and squeeing upon hearing the greatness of Thy voice.
Oh mighty Mur the Magnificent. I am not worthy.

Loz

• Lochage
    • Blah Flowers
Reply #26 on: May 05, 2009, 06:23:09 PM
That was great fun. Less elves, more red-tape humour please!

Rain

• Matross
Reply #27 on: May 11, 2009, 01:42:43 PM
I thought the story was ok, but Alasdair's readings are just a bit too dry for my taste and didnt really fir wth the theme of the story

DarkKnightJRK

• Peltast
Reply #28 on: July 27, 2009, 05:27:36 AM
Bwahahahahahaha!

Combining the swash-buckling conciet of fantasy with the evils of taxes was quite enjoyable. :D

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #29 on: December 11, 2009, 07:49:10 PM
Normally I'm not a fan of economics/account based stories.  Unfortunately, I'm still not.  I don't think there was anything wrong with it, per se, it just didn't appeal to me enough to keep me going.

And, apparently I've misunderstood the meaning of nonplussed for pretty much my entire life.  I'd interpreted it to mean "disinterested" or possibly "unfazed".  I figured to be "plussed" would be to be excited or interested, and the "non" would reverse the meaning.  You learn something new every day!

GreatAuntMaude

• Extern
Reply #30 on: December 14, 2009, 09:55:13 PM
It wasn't a just a legal drama, it was a swashing and buckling legal drama!  With adventure and all the daring do that accountancy has to offer!  The reluctant hero was recruited, obstacles were overcome, blood was shed, and the evil wizard defeated!  Okay, granted the blood was from paper cuts, but still...

I couldn't sum the story up better than Ocicat.  Bravo!  Encore!!

GAM