Author Topic: Feedback episode?  (Read 6321 times)

eytanz

on: April 26, 2009, 08:02:36 AM
As I was listening A couple of months ago, Steve mentioned that he and several others had recorded a metacast with some episode feedback, and that it would be coming shortly. I'm curious what happened to it.

I really do miss the feedback discussions at the end of the episodes...

Russell Nash

Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 05:42:03 PM
That's because you get quoted all of the time.

eytanz

Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 06:45:09 PM
That's because you get quoted all of the time.

Actually, no, I already know what I have to say. I like the feedback sections because that way I can learn what the blog thought without having to go to the blog itself. Plus, I like it when Steve responds to stuff. I also liked Steve's attempts into engaging with the community, though I think that was one of the aspects of the podcast that he's had to step away from.

(And besides, I think most of the times I was quoted come from PC, not EP)

Zathras

Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 09:56:49 PM
You just like to hear Steve say Eye Tans.

:D

Darwinist

• Hipparch
Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 11:36:52 PM
As I was listening A couple of months ago, Steve mentioned that he and several others had recorded a metacast with some episode feedback, and that it would be coming shortly. I'm curious what happened to it.

I don't miss feedback discussions at all.  I usually read through most of the feedback on the forums. 

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.    -  Carl Sagan

Heradel

• Bill Peters, EP Assistant
  • Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 02:24:01 AM

I don't miss feedback discussions at all.  I usually read through most of the feedback on the forums. 

However, those segments often drive people to the forums, so they are useful as advertising.

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.

thomasowenm

• Lochage
  • Servant of The Orator Maleficent
Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 05:12:07 AM
However, those segments often drive people to the forums, so they are useful as advertising.

Heradel is correct, at least in my case.  A sampling of the feedback of the episodes, did cause me to come here.  If nothing else than  just to see the how the Steve choose the comments, and if Steve skewed it. 

Russell Nash

Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 08:20:42 AM
A brief look at the feedback threads shows that feedback for EP is off by about half since Steve stopped doing feedback in the episodes.  Maybe this is also why the feedback for PP has never been that great.  The feedback numbers for PC seem to be strong and are maybe even rising.

Raving_Lunatic

• Radiohead Addict (please, do not encourage this)
  • Lochage
  • Red Blue Green
Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 04:31:43 PM
Well N-sh, you can hardly expect the possibility of being quoted not to be on people's reasons to comment on stories. Look at all of the people we had who just commented some hugely contrary opinion to the general consensus to get quoted!

Russell Nash

Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009, 04:43:45 PM
It's not just about getting quoted.  When people hear about the interesting conversations and observations, it makes some of them curious about what else is going on here.

JoeFitz

• Matross
Reply #10 on: May 14, 2009, 09:43:21 PM
I agree that feedback during an episode leads people to the forums and I felt that the editing was top notch - I never got the feeling it was a biased reflection on the feedback. Plus Steve usually had something to add that really did add to the discussion.

Paranatural

• Palmer
Reply #11 on: May 18, 2009, 07:07:28 PM
Getting back to the main question, were there ever any feedback podcasts posted?

Russell Nash

Reply #12 on: May 18, 2009, 07:09:06 PM
nope

eytanz

Reply #13 on: May 18, 2009, 08:20:35 PM
There was one recorded, according to Steve, but it was never made public.

Ben Phillips

• Lich King
  • Matross
    • Pseudopod
Reply #14 on: May 19, 2009, 11:02:59 AM
I know the parts exist.  As I understand it, it's just a huge project to edit them together because they're so long.  (I'm not personally that excited about it because it's a lot of Winging It, but whatever.)  We're a little beleaguered just keeping everything running right now, but thanks for keeping the thought alive with the reminder, here.  We'll see what happens!

gelee

• Lochage
  • It's a missile, boy.
Reply #15 on: May 21, 2009, 01:37:28 PM
Ugh.  OK, I'm not a fan of Wingin' It, so i guess I can live without the feedback stuff.  We've still been getting great outros, so I haven't missed the feedback as much as I thought I would.