PseudoPod > Episode Comments

Pseudopod 155: The Worm that Gnaws

<< < (10/10)

Alasdair5000:
DM me the details, we'll review it in Hub if you like:)

orrin:
Thanks Alasdair! Will do!

orrin:
Just wanted to drop a line that "The Worm That Gnaws" is going to be appearing in print for the first time ever in my second fiction collection, Painted Monsters & Other Strange Beasts, which is currently available for pre-order from Word Horde! It'll be joining fellow Pseudopod alum "Night's Foul Bird," along with eleven other stories, including three entirely original to the collection, as well as author's notes, and an introduction by John Langan. Plus a really great Nick Gucker cover!

orrin:
Just wanted to let everyone here know that Strix Publishing has just launched a Kickstarter to put out a brand new, hardcover deluxe edition of my debut collection Never Bet the Devil & Other Warnings, which sadly doesn't include this story, but does include ten of my other tales, including Pseudopod favorite "Black Hill," as well as two new stories not featured in the previous printing. This new edition will be cloth-bound and fully illustrated by M.S. Corley, and will feature a brand-new introduction by Nathan Ballingrud.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/aeeth/never-bet-the-devil-and-other-warnings

Marlboro:
Good story with excellent narration.

One tiny nitpick/unasked for opinion: I think the very end of the story could be a bit stronger by rearranging a couple of the story's final lines. Have Wolf knock a couple of times and deliver the "Let me in" line, then have Charlie realize that it isn't Wolf at his door, and end the story with Worm-Wolf demanding "Let us in" and end with knocking.

Or maybe it's better the way it is. I'm no writer. Good episode my second guess aside.

P.S. For more wormy horror check out the classic Lights Out episode "Revolt of the Worms" from 1942.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version