Author Topic: Pod Peeves  (Read 31974 times)

Zathras

Reply #50 on: May 28, 2009, 03:38:43 PM
Pseudopod is often in the mud, but in general, the levels are even across the board.  I can pop PP on when I don't have a lot of background noise and not have to adjust the volume in between segments.

On a side note, I will come back and listen to the Podcastle episodes, but they are going in my backlog for now.

I don't want to come across as ungrateful for the work everyone does. 

Ben Phillips

• Lich King
  • Matross
    • Pseudopod
Reply #51 on: May 29, 2009, 07:15:10 AM
Pseudopod is often in the mud, but in general, the levels are even across the board.  I can pop PP on when I don't have a lot of background noise and not have to adjust the volume in between segments.

Okay, duly noted.

I don't want to come across as ungrateful for the work everyone does. 

Not at all!  Room for improvement is what it is.

Planish

• Hipparch
  • Fun will now commence.
    • northernelectric.ca
Reply #52 on: June 30, 2009, 07:20:38 AM
It drives me crazy when someone is reading from a script that they themselves wrote, and are mispronouncing words.

Even more exasperating was a particular podiobook where the author/reader did not seem to be able to pronounce the frequently-spoken name after which the novel was titled. It sounded like they were speaking it with a heavy accent, but there was no evidence of that accent anywhere else. Every time I heard them say it, it took me completely out of the story for a few seconds.

I feed The Pod.
("planish" rhymes with "vanish")

Planish

• Hipparch
  • Fun will now commence.
    • northernelectric.ca
Reply #53 on: July 18, 2009, 03:10:52 AM
If you make your podcast in AAC or some enhanced form you can put chapters in it.  Tis the way of the future.

I highly doubt that AAC will ever replace MP3. Once a format is used on such a scale and has become the ultimate audio format it takes more than superior compression algorithms *cough ... ogg vorbis ... cough* or inhanced features like AAC to dethrone it.

One of the podcasts I subscribe to is the SurfGuitar101 podcast, which has started using AAC enhancements. It sure is handy to have the song title displayed while it's playing, when there's two dozen tunes bunched together in sets of 4.

I feed The Pod.
("planish" rhymes with "vanish")

Zathras

Reply #54 on: August 23, 2009, 04:31:52 PM
Bit'o'praise in this thread!

Pseudopod has gotten much better for me.  I can listen to it while driving!  The levels are even and are no longer in the mud.  I am wondering if people listening in a quiet atmosphere, on quality speakers, are finding the new levels as enjoyable.

Great job, IMO.

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #55 on: August 23, 2009, 11:27:14 PM
Bit'o'praise in this thread!

Pseudopod has gotten much better for me.  I can listen to it while driving!  The levels are even and are no longer in the mud.  I am wondering if people listening in a quiet atmosphere, on quality speakers, are finding the new levels as enjoyable.

Great job, IMO.

Dude, this is the peeves thread.  Take your praise somewhere else.  ;)

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising

wakela

• Hipparch
    • Mr. Wake
Reply #56 on: September 17, 2009, 06:09:54 AM
Eating.

Christ, what are those idiots thinking?

Jason M

Reply #57 on: September 17, 2009, 01:11:41 PM
Eating.

Christ, what are those idiots thinking?

Right on!

There is one, one!, scene in Fight Club I skip over every time, and that's when Tyler is eating while talking on the phone.  That scene makes sense, though.

EATING SHOULD NOT BE DONE WHILE YOU ARE ON AIR.

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #58 on: September 17, 2009, 07:10:51 PM
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!? i LOVE that scene when he's eating on the phone!  he sounds so nonchalant/cool/awesome/tyler durdenlike!
BLASPHEMY BLASPHEMY BLASPHEMY!!!!

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?