Author Topic: EP Flash: Act of Devil  (Read 4887 times)

Swamp

• Hipparch
    • Journey Into... podcast
on: October 16, 2009, 07:31:01 AM
EP Flash: Act of Devil

By Paul S. Jenkins.
Read by Mur Lafferty.

There was a group of them at college who were into Satanism. My mom, Betty Bloxham as she was then, was one of them. It all sounds a bit kinky, going into the woods at dead of night and dancing in the nude under the full moon.

Anyway, they were all high on drugs at the time, so I doubt they knew what they were doing.

Rated R.  Contains sexual violence, Satanic summonings, and similar wholesome family bonding.

Listen to this week’s Escape Pod!

Facehuggers don't have heads!

Come with me and Journey Into... another fun podcast

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 10:37:54 AM
So, um, did anyone else notice that this was either a story about some total nutbag raping his girlfriend as some sort of 'prank', or else a story of two twisted freaks doing a live-air sex show and destroying an entire group of friends' relationships with each other?  Either way, I'm not really feeling the "ha ha lighthearted!" vibe here...

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 02:53:36 PM
So, um, did anyone else notice that this was either a story about some total nutbag raping his girlfriend as some sort of 'prank', or else a story of two twisted freaks doing a live-air sex show and destroying an entire group of friends' relationships with each other?  Either way, I'm not really feeling the "ha ha lighthearted!" vibe here...

Yeah, I got the impression it was the first one.  I hadn't seen the reveal coming, and I'm afraid I barked a laugh, and then felt immediately guilty for it when the implications of the reveal played themselves out in my mind!