Author Topic: EP042: Practical Villainy  (Read 5025 times)

Swamp

• Hipparch
    • Journey Into... podcast
on: October 13, 2009, 03:13:05 PM
EP042: Practical Villainy

By Janni Lee Simner.
Read by Stephen Eley.
Musical guest: Jonathan Coulton.

The first thing I want you to know is that I drowned those kittens for a reason. Villains rarely do anything without purpose, and I’m no exception, to that or any other rule. Irrational, passionate acts are for heroes, with their bright armor and their grand ideas, their conviction that with enough heart they can right any wrong, unravel any curse. My dragons were once well-fed on their kind, and their skulls still decorate the spikes above my gates.

Rated PG. Fictional animals were harmed in the making of this podcast. Also knights, damsels, dragons, and medieval economies.

Listen to this week’s Escape Pod!

Facehuggers don't have heads!

Come with me and Journey Into... another fun podcast

monkeystuff

• Palmer
Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 10:57:06 AM
I liked this story,  I think that no matter how many ways you look at something, there is another perspective that your not seeing...  In this case the story had a rather humorous perspective.   8)

justice may only be obtained where there is a lack of injustice

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 05:21:42 PM
This one was very fun!  I tend to like stories that take an overused setting and look at it from a different perspective.  I like how he insisted throughout that his every action was practical but my opinion was the same as the daughters--there were more practical concerns to getting rid of the nuisance of the kittens.  It'd be an interesting story to see his daughter return to attack his stronghold!  If Escape Pod is ever offered that story I hope they buy it!

Oh, and great title!  It set up the story very nicely.