Author Topic: MR James at Christmas  (Read 3199 times)

Poppydragon

• Peltast
on: December 20, 2009, 09:53:30 PM
BBC Radio 7 are running as series of 5 MR James this Christmas starting at 14.45 on the 21st (not sure how available this is out of UK I'm afraid)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00pfmfr/episodes/upcoming

Man - despite his artistic pretensions, his sophistication, and his many accomplishments - owes his existence to a six inch layer of topsoil and the fact that it rains.

kibitzer

• Purveyor of Unsolicited Opinions
  • Hipparch
  • Kibitzer: A meddler who offers unwanted advice
Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 07:09:11 AM
Radio 7??? When the freak did Radio 7 come into being?? I only remember as high as Radio 4.

(I was in the UK from '89 to '96 so admittedly, my info is a leetle out-of-date).

Heradel

• Bill Peters, EP Assistant
  • Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 08:18:06 AM
Radio 7??? When the freak did Radio 7 come into being?? I only remember as high as Radio 4.

(I was in the UK from '89 to '96 so admittedly, my info is a leetle out-of-date).

Does it go to 11 now?

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 03:37:25 PM

Does it go to 11 now?
win.

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Sgarre1

• Editor
  • "Let There Be Fright!"
Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 12:03:59 AM
I think these must be re-runs, as I believe I listened to them a few months ago.  They're okay, but what's strange about MR James is that reading the text is much more effective than dramatizing them, or at least I found it so.