Author Topic: Technical Difficulties, maybe someone here can help.  (Read 4431 times)

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
on: January 10, 2010, 08:18:14 AM
So, I know many people here detest iTunes, however I'm going to ask it anyway.

For a while now I've had 3 feeds that are Escape Pod.  There was the Escape Archive with the few eps I downloaded from there, the main Escape Pod feed, and for some reason a 3rd which had a few random episodes I re-downloaded after deleting.  I've changed all the information in all of them to say the album artist is Steve Eley, album Escape Pod, etc, it's all the same, however I can't consolidate the three feeds into one.

I put all the files into one folder, the Escape Pod podcast folder, and I've deleted everything and re-added them fresh.  The Escape Archive feed no longer says Escape Archive, rather Escape Pod... so I have 3 Escape Pod feeds now, but they won't consolidate!  Does anyone have any idea how to make them do that?

update: so just figured out that each feed has a separate podcast URL feed, maybe making them have the same feed link will fix it? and how do i do this?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 08:19:48 AM by Bdoomed »

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

eytanz

Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 09:08:54 AM
I do not believe it is possible to fix this from within itunes. You may be able to find third-party software that can help you modify the necessary metadata (I don't know of any such software, it just seems plausible to me that it exists).

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 06:19:18 PM
I have a bit of a problem with the downloaded files: several are tagged with the "Artist" as "Stephen Eley"; the rest have the name of the story's author.  Can we get a little consistency please?  As it stands I have to go in and manually change them.

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 06:44:38 PM
Yeah it would be better to consistently have Steve Eley as album artist, and reserve actual artist for the author.

anyway now i have to find a 3rd party app for changing metadata...

schmetterling

Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 06:49:08 PM

Try this one:  http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

I love it.  The only thing I don't care for is that to choose a directory/folder to work in, you have to paste in the actual address instead of being able to navigate to it.

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 08:54:48 PM

I use MediaMonkey for everything now; my system is absolutely 100% Apple-free (unless one counts the iPod that is sometimes connected).

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 09:29:58 PM

Try this one:  http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

I love it.  The only thing I don't care for is that to choose a directory/folder to work in, you have to paste in the actual address instead of being able to navigate to it.
oh man! this program works perfectly!  dragging and dropping the file in the program works too, and i can even drag/drop straight from iTunes.  I'm a happy camper! :)
thanks a ton man!

schmetterling

Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 11:46:18 AM
oh man! this program works perfectly!  dragging and dropping the file in the program works too, and i can even drag/drop straight from iTunes.  I'm a happy camper! :)
thanks a ton man!

You're welcome  ;D