Author Topic: Feedback at the end of EP episodes....  (Read 3711 times)

CryptoMe

• Hipparch
on: January 16, 2010, 07:26:12 AM
Does anyone else miss the Feedback summaries Steve Eley used to give at the end of EP episodes?

I really do and would like to see that practice resurrected. Maybe if we had a groundswell of opinion on this point it would make a difference.

Please post what you think, both agreement and disagreement.
Thanks

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 04:51:07 PM
It was reasonably interesting.  Gives people a reason to come to the forums to argue, at least.  ;-)  I wouldn't want to see more than sixty seconds or so devoted to it, though; sometimes Podcastle's feedback section can get a little lengthy.

washer

• Palmer
Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 09:35:55 PM
I was definitely a fan.  Steve kept it moving at a good clip, and as someone who's not very active here on the forums, it helped me get an idea of what the consensus was among listeners.  Whenever I read anything, I always wonder if I'm taking away from a piece all that I can, and barring that, at least what the author intended I take away from it.  The listener feedback really helps me re-examine stories, and whether I liked or disliked them, provides me with a new perspective.

Darwinist

• Hipparch
Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 08:23:05 PM
I like it better without the feedback on the podcast.  If I'm interested in a story's feedback I'll go through and read what is written on the forums after I've left my $.02.   I don't need to hear what I've already read.  I'd rather just hear the story. 

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.    -  Carl Sagan

kibitzer

• Purveyor of Unsolicited Opinions
  • Hipparch
  • Kibitzer: A meddler who offers unwanted advice
Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 10:51:47 AM
No feedback. Waste of time.

Subgenre

Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 04:34:41 PM
Having been listening to the archives, I like the feedback because they give a sense of continuity from week to week.

WillTheComputerGuy

• Extern
Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 04:42:16 AM
I've been listening to Escape Pod for a while now.  I, too, regret the lack of feedback at the end of the episode.  I enjoyed it when one of my blog post comments were included in the episode.  I think the chance of being in the feedback section is somewhat of an incentive to participate in either the blog comments or the forum.