Author Topic: report to moderator button  (Read 6251 times)

eytanz

on: February 03, 2010, 07:17:49 AM
Every time I click on the "report to moderator" button it takes forever for the browser to respond and then I get a "this page is not available" page, even if the rest of the forums is working fine.

I just tried reporting the sammypetter bot but this happened; I have no idea if the report went through or not, but I strongly suggest the mods look into this.

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 07:26:47 AM
oh yes.  It went through.  I got 5 emails of "report".
I don't understand why any of it happens.  We didn't know about the "page not available" but I always get 3-10 emails of "report post so-and-so"
annoying? yes.  Unbearable? no.  keep on reporting posts but don't go crazy with it :P

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

eytanz

Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 07:32:51 AM
I may have clicked it multiple times when it wasn't responding, though I don't remember doing so. Will be more attentive next time I use it.

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 04:38:39 PM
No, I don't think it's just you. It seems to happen whenever someone clicks to send a spam alert.

Heradel

• Bill Peters, EP Assistant
  • Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 04:46:32 PM
At some point SMF will fix the bug and we'll all go back to not wondering how we got so popular in the middle of the night (I remember we once got something like 25 at once, from a couple reports).

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 06:21:55 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOW.
so.  I clicked the button.
it loaded
and loaded
and loaded
and then
"this page is temporarily unavailable"

and then

4 emails.
i pressed the button once and left it alone.
i thought maybe the multiple emails was people hitting refresh or the button again or something.
but no.  it's just messed up.

Maybe getting over 4 emails is because people try to refresh or something.
moral? press it once, wait, let it crash, and move on.  sorry for the inconvenience.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 06:24:58 AM by Bdoomed »

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

schmetterling

Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 08:08:32 PM
I haven't looked myself (I used to but no longer run an SMF forum), but you might try checking out the SMF Community (their forum) for fixes or mods to solve this.  At the least, the bug should be reported there, so that if it's just us, maybe someone can help, and if it's not just us, SMF looks at solving it in a future release.