Author Topic: Daylight Savings Time confusion?  (Read 4531 times)

CryptoMe

• Hipparch
on: March 15, 2010, 07:07:51 PM
Is anyone else experiencing an unusual shift on their forum clock since the daylight savings time change last Sunday (March 14th)?

My forum clock is now 2 hours behind my true local time. I never used to have this problem. A one hour offset could be explained by the forum clock failing to "spring ahead". But two hours suggests some kind of greater screw up.

Is there someone who can fix this that should be informed??
Nit-picking brains want to know.... ;)

And thanks in advance.

Heradel

• Bill Peters, EP Assistant
  • Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 07:36:17 PM
Is anyone else experiencing an unusual shift on their forum clock since the daylight savings time change last Sunday (March 14th)?

My forum clock is now 2 hours behind my true local time. I never used to have this problem. A one hour offset could be explained by the forum clock failing to "spring ahead". But two hours suggests some kind of greater screw up.

Is there someone who can fix this that should be informed??
Nit-picking brains want to know.... ;)

And thanks in advance.

DST apparently didn't automatically take, should now be fixed now though. You should be able to adjust your local timezone somewhere in the account preferences (I think it's called time offset).

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.

CryptoMe

• Hipparch
Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 09:52:36 PM
DST apparently didn't automatically take, should now be fixed now though. You should be able to adjust your local timezone somewhere in the account preferences (I think it's called time offset).

Thanks Heradel. All clocks are now working fine.  :)

It looks like the DST didn't take *and* my offset autodetect got deselected (somehow) at the same time, thus accounting for the 2 hour difference. Thanks for fixing the DST and thanks for reminding me about the offset (haven't had to touch it since I signed up on the forum so many months ago...).

Heradel

• Bill Peters, EP Assistant
  • Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 10:26:32 PM

Thanks Heradel. All clocks are now working fine.  :)

It looks like the DST didn't take *and* my offset autodetect got deselected (somehow) at the same time, thus accounting for the 2 hour difference. Thanks for fixing the DST and thanks for reminding me about the offset (haven't had to touch it since I signed up on the forum so many months ago...).

For some reason DST never takes, hopefully once SMF's 2.0 version comes out that'll fix it.

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.