Author Topic: New Guy  (Read 5555 times)

Wit Amidst Folly

• Extern
on: March 19, 2010, 05:47:02 PM
Sorry if this has been discussed already but I am new to EP.  I have noticed, because I am sharp like that, that the last EP was posted on 2-28-10.  What is the usual schedule? looking back it appears to have been weekly.  What's the deal?

Alasdair5000

• Editor
    • My blog
Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 06:02:16 PM
Hi, welcome aboard:)

Steve and his wife are the proud parents of a new baby daughter who arrived a few weeks ago.  As far as I know, that's why the schedule's off.  New stuff is undoubtedly on the way:)

Swamp

• Hipparch
    • Journey Into... podcast
Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 06:04:35 PM
What he said

Welcome, Heretics Fork.  By your screen name, it seems you may fit right in with some other forum members  coughHeradelcough

Facehuggers don't have heads!

Come with me and Journey Into... another fun podcast

lowky

• Hipparch
  • from http://lovecraftismissing.com/?page_id=3142
Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 06:06:39 PM
you beat me to it Alasdair, was about to point him to this Steve and Anna have a baby

but welcome

Heradel

• Bill Peters, EP Assistant
  • Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 06:15:48 PM
What he said

Welcome, Heretics Fork.  By your screen name, it seems you may fit right in with some other forum members  coughHeradelcough

Yes, but I'm also an infidel so really I'm an all-purose nonbeliever.

Also, Welcome.

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.

Wit Amidst Folly

• Extern
Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 06:18:49 PM
Thanks guys, you can imagine after having just discovered EP I have been waiting impatiently for a new story.  I suppose a new baby is *kind of* a decent excuse.

Swamp

• Hipparch
    • Journey Into... podcast
Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 06:23:40 PM
But the good thing is that, as a new guy, you have hours and hours of backlog to discover.  I am jealous.

Facehuggers don't have heads!

Come with me and Journey Into... another fun podcast

Wit Amidst Folly

• Extern
Reply #7 on: March 19, 2010, 07:24:32 PM
But the good thing is that, as a new guy, you have hours and hours of backlog to discover.  I am jealous.

You think that's good, I also love horror and like fantasy well enough... After finding the various escape artists podcasts I am having a pretty good month.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 12:45:04 AM by Heretics Fork »

Wit Amidst Folly

• Extern
Reply #8 on: March 20, 2010, 12:46:40 AM
Speaking of backlog, I have no idea how bit torrent works, could someone point me to a page where I can get up to speed and get the EP backlog DL'ed

Heradel

• Bill Peters, EP Assistant
  • Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #9 on: March 20, 2010, 02:56:57 AM
Speaking of backlog, I have no idea how bit torrent works, could someone point me to a page where I can get up to speed and get the EP backlog DL'ed

Download this, download the .torrent file, and then open the .torrent with uTorrent.

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #10 on: March 20, 2010, 03:14:28 AM
or bit torrent, or azureus (vuze), or a multitude of other programs :P

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #11 on: March 20, 2010, 05:07:58 AM

I'm not... I recently picked up on three podcasts that go back to 2005 and apparently have the complete backlog in their feeds.  I'm swamped; I'm doing pretty good to get in just a couple of old episodes in a week while still keeping current with all the 'casts I listen to.

[edit]
...or, if new listener has time to spare for catching up with the backlog, I guess I am envious.

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising

Wit Amidst Folly

• Extern
Reply #12 on: March 20, 2010, 04:16:42 PM
I have a half hour commute to and from work but I have to figure out which other podcasts to basically stop listening to for like a year.  I am happy but it is quite a project ahead of me.