Author Topic: Not getting notifications  (Read 13389 times)

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
Reply #25 on: August 19, 2010, 02:54:57 AM
I tend to treat it like a recurrent sinus infection.  Mostly I ignore it and it goes away eventually.  I only go to the "doctor" if it starts impeding my ability to use the board.  (Admittedly, if I relied at all on e-mail notifications, I'd likely care more.)

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #26 on: August 19, 2010, 01:41:10 PM
I tend to treat it like a recurrent sinus infection.  Mostly I ignore it and it goes away eventually.  I only go to the "doctor" if it starts impeding my ability to use the board.  (Admittedly, if I relied at all on e-mail notifications, I'd likely care more.)

They were especially useful while I had active stories in the flash contest.  I could set up a notification for my story thread and then I'd get an email when someone commented.  Not so important now that I'm out of the running.

Wilson Fowlie

• Hipparch
    • The Maple Leaf Singers
Reply #27 on: August 24, 2010, 04:26:44 PM
For me, it's a reminder to come to the forums more often.  It's not a habit for me yet, and the email notifications encourage me to be a participant, not just one of the voiceless mob.

"People commonly use the word 'procrastination' to describe what they do on the Internet. It seems to me too mild to describe what's happening as merely not-doing-work. We don't call it procrastination when someone gets drunk instead of working." - Paul Graham

Wilson Fowlie

• Hipparch
    • The Maple Leaf Singers
Reply #28 on: August 28, 2010, 07:39:07 PM
Hooray, I just got a topic notification!

Thanks or congrats, whichever applies.  :)

"People commonly use the word 'procrastination' to describe what they do on the Internet. It seems to me too mild to describe what's happening as merely not-doing-work. We don't call it procrastination when someone gets drunk instead of working." - Paul Graham

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #29 on: August 28, 2010, 11:44:08 PM
Hooray, I just got a topic notification!

Thanks or congrats, whichever applies.  :)

Me too, and I was excited.  :)