Author Topic: The 'Meh'tuaition, from Pseudopod 197: Set Down This  (Read 17322 times)

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #25 on: January 28, 2011, 06:15:57 PM
I liked this one the best:

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising

Gamercow

• Hipparch
Reply #26 on: March 03, 2011, 08:21:09 PM
I fall in the same category as scattercat.  When I first started to comment, my comments were short, partly because I was catching up on backlog, and partly because I was not aware of the community at that point.  As time went on, I commented more often, and gave explanations as to why I felt a certain way about a story, because otherwise, I don't see the point.  Even when I love a story, if I don't have anything to add, I often don't comment, because it doesn't add anything to the conversation.  If I do post saying what others have said, I try to alter things in a way to add at least a little something, or express my take on a certain aspect that I liked or disliked. 

Finally, I think that meh comments, without explanation, can seem more like an attack on the author than the story, and that may be why they are seen in a more negative light.  I have posted some "I got nothing out of this story" comments, but I try to follow that up with why, e.g. "I didn't get much out of Black Swan because the main character was an abused young woman who was a ballerina, none of which I am." 

The cow says "Mooooooooo"