Author Topic: Escape Pod Open for Submissions?  (Read 3624 times)

cloudscudding

• Extern
on: July 05, 2010, 09:08:38 PM
The guidelines page says they're closed until July 1st--but it's past July 1st and the closed sign is still up. Is it okay to submit?

Heradel

• Bill Peters, EP Assistant
  • Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 12:49:54 AM
Yes it is, the sign being up is simply an oversight. Submit (one story, pursuant to the rules) away.

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 03:07:21 AM
Yes it is, the sign being up is simply an oversight. Submit (one story, pursuant to the rules) away.

You fool of a Took!  You've doomed us all!

cloudscudding

• Extern
Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 04:04:54 PM
Awesome. Thanks, Bill!

Scattercat: It's true. You're all doomed now. Dooooomed!

Listener

• Hipparch
  • I place things in locations which later elude me.
    • Various and Sundry Items of Interest
Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 06:02:28 PM
Should those of us who subbed stories before the current reading period but haven't heard back consider the stories rejected? I sent one on 1/19 (well before the closing date) and sent a query last month but haven't heard yet.

If it's rejected, that's fine... I just want to know.

"Farts are a hug you can smell." -Wil Wheaton

Blog || Quote Blog ||  Written and Audio Work || Twitter: @listener42

Heradel

• Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 01:37:55 AM
Should those of us who subbed stories before the current reading period but haven't heard back consider the stories rejected? I sent one on 1/19 (well before the closing date) and sent a query last month but haven't heard yet.

If it's rejected, that's fine... I just want to know.

Dealt with this specific case via PM, but yes, if you haven't heard anything back by now assume it's been lost. The submissions folders were a bit of a mess, and while we got to quite a lot of them, I'm sure there were some that were never found.

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.

Heradel

• Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 01:44:39 AM
Hi Ya'll,

I noticed a 56-day submission response on Duotrope from July 31.  Is that your projected lead time for submissions now?  Should those of us who submitted and re-submitted our stories also be getting a response soon?

Hey,

We're going to aim for a shorter time than 60 days, but we've actually been slightly flooded over the last week. I know that there are a fair number of rejections I'll be sending out starting tomorrow night (er, preemptive sorry to anyone reading this that gets one, but I'll repeat that since we opened back up we've been getting far more stories that we could hope to podcast). I'll also take a second to thank our slush readers, without whom the pod would rapidly oxidize.

I'm getting the sense that I might want to rename this thread 'Ask Bill about submissions.'