Author Topic: We have a crit group you can join  (Read 53397 times)

Max e^{i pi}

• Hipparch
  • Have towel, will travel.
Reply #25 on: March 04, 2013, 07:18:41 AM
I also joined the crit group a while back, but so far have refrained from commenting on anything a year old.
I don't have anything to contribute right now, the only thing I had ready was for the EP flash fiction contest.
But I do check the forum regularly, and will provide feedback for whatever new stories appear.

Cogito ergo surf - I think therefore I network

Registered Linux user #481826 Get Counted!

Ivy Wood

• Matross
Reply #26 on: March 04, 2013, 02:41:08 PM
Umbrage, I would like that. Let me arrange all my necessaries and tweak my story a bit! Yes, I'd be happy to look at your story, too. It'd be so nice if we could resuscitate this floundering beast.  ;D

"Never wrestle with a pig. You just get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." :)

DoWhileNot

• Matross
    • doWhilenot.wordpress.com
Reply #27 on: March 09, 2013, 01:41:14 AM
I'm interested, and I've got a story that I could really use some critiques on.

So, Eytanz is the one to ask for membership?

Ivy Wood

• Matross
Reply #28 on: March 09, 2013, 04:09:44 AM
I'll try to post a little something this weekend. My schedule is finally beginning to open up a bit. :)

"Never wrestle with a pig. You just get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." :)

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
Reply #29 on: March 09, 2013, 04:33:43 AM
I wrote another 112 words on "Enginesong." 

Why is there not an emoticon for exhausted fake exultation?

Ivy Wood

• Matross
Reply #30 on: March 19, 2013, 02:55:49 AM
Well, I finally worked up the courage. It's late and I'm off to bed, but I did post a story, so...there's that. :)

Tomorrow I'll read the work of my daring brethren in the crit group and I'll try to give my most thoughtful comments. It would be great if we could get this going.

Oh, btw...the story I posted, Borderlands, has been rejected twice. I wrote it a couple of months ago. It's one my longest short stories, around 3,800 words, I think.

Thanks all! G'night!

Mouseneb

• Palmer
    • 差得远
Reply #31 on: May 21, 2013, 01:51:17 AM
Hmm. I don't have enough forum posts yet to officially request access to the crit group, although I do listen to all three podcasts a ton and love them so.

If there is still a crit group though, I'd like to officially register my interest  ;D

Every day is an adventure.

MonsieurMoustache

• Lochage
    • chantalbeaulne.com
Reply #32 on: August 31, 2013, 06:58:33 AM
Unfortunately I've just joined, but I'm willing to be on probation and crit a while until my good counsel earns me a spot on the king's table and all that. Would that be alright?

Mouseneb

• Palmer
    • 差得远
Reply #33 on: August 31, 2013, 07:57:56 AM
This group appears to be dead. I propose we form a new one.

Every day is an adventure.

eytanz

Reply #34 on: August 31, 2013, 09:38:42 AM
It's not dead, though it is very slow. But the procedure for joining it needs to be updated.

For now, if anyone wants to join, please PM me. I'll update this thread and tidy it up later.

Cutter McKay

• Hipparch
  • "I was the turkey the whoooole time!"
    • Detention Block AA23
Reply #35 on: August 31, 2013, 02:33:58 PM
It's definitely not dead, Max posted a story just this week, although I'm the only one who has commented on it  :-\ It usually just takes a week or two for people to find time to read and comment.

-Josh Morrey-
http://joshmorreywriting.blogspot.com/
"Remember: You have not yet written your best work." -Tracy Hickman

Umbrageofsnow

• Hipparch
  • Commenting by the seat of my pants.
Reply #36 on: September 10, 2013, 07:23:51 AM
I've had a very stressful couple of months, but I hereby swear that I will read and comment on all the stories in the crit group once I (and/or everyone else, but I'm really going to try to do a lot this week because I have some serious free time) get the EP slushbox looking a bit less terrifying!

Anything that doesn't have a post saying "don't bother, I sold this thing already."

Might take a while, but damn it, I want this Crit Group to live, even though I've done almost nothing to accomplish that this year.  Stupid year...

*wanders off muttering to self*

SpareInch

• Hipparch
  • Will there be sugar after the rebellion?
Reply #37 on: July 31, 2014, 10:51:43 AM
Can I take it that since no one has posted to this thread since September that the group is rolling along OK?

If it is, then I'd be interested. I'd love some feedback to tell me why my stories are no good... Or great, of course. So far, the nicest thing anyone ever said about one was that it needed a whole new ending.  :'(

Fresh slush - Shot this morning in the Vale of COW

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
Reply #38 on: July 31, 2014, 11:04:31 AM
Still ticking along nicely, yes.  Unfortunately, the guy who knows how the forum buttons works (eytanz) is having a bit of Real Life.  It might be a wee bit before he can get you added and/or tell one of us incompetents how to manage it.  ;-)

SpareInch

• Hipparch
Reply #39 on: July 31, 2014, 11:39:24 AM
Still ticking along nicely, yes.  Unfortunately, the guy who knows how the forum buttons works (eytanz) is having a bit of Real Life.  It might be a wee bit before he can get you added and/or tell one of us incompetents how to manage it.  ;-)

So... Better to hold off? Or just message and be prepared for a long wait?

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
Reply #40 on: July 31, 2014, 11:47:28 AM
Well, he'll see this thread, I'm sure, but you could also message him directly if it makes you feel better.  :-D

eytanz

Reply #41 on: July 31, 2014, 12:16:53 PM
Yup, caught it and added you to the group, SpareInch. You should see it now on your board list.

gunsofchekhovia

• Peltast
  • Part of an imbalanced breakfast.
Reply #42 on: August 07, 2014, 12:35:09 PM
Ooh ooh me. I want to join. Me.

gunsofchekhovia

• Peltast
Reply #43 on: August 07, 2014, 12:41:23 PM
Sorry. I don't have more than a dozen posts on the forum, but I promise I'm not a robot. And I'm pretty damned good at critting.

Varda

• Rebound
  • Hipparch
  • Definitely not an android.
Reply #44 on: August 07, 2014, 01:12:46 PM
Sorry. I don't have more than a dozen posts on the forum, but I promise I'm not a robot. And I'm pretty damned good at critting.

I'll enthusiastically vouch for Guns joining the crit group. :)

Medical Microfiction: Stories About Science
http://rckjones.wordpress.com

gunsofchekhovia

• Peltast
Reply #45 on: August 07, 2014, 03:10:59 PM
Thanks! I love it when people enthusiastically vouch for me!

Scuba Man

• Lochage
  • Drabblecast, Pseudopod, Escapepod, Podcastle
    • Black Cat Bed And Breakfast (proposed start up 2024)
Reply #46 on: September 10, 2014, 12:13:52 AM
Dead crit group is dead?
Fortunately it's only mostly dead. Mostly dead is a little alive.
Lemme just put some chocolate paste on this here horse-pill....

Will it work?
It'll take a miracle.
[I love me some Miracle Max]

I'm a stand-up philosopher until 2024. Then, I move onto my next gig. I'm a gentleman forester and farmer. I also enjoy jumping into Lake Huron and panicking the fish.

thebroken

• Extern
Reply #47 on: March 25, 2015, 01:10:15 AM
I tried following the instructions of sending a direct message to the person indicated in the stick thread. No reply. Should I attempt posting to the thread, or is the best idea to look elsewhere for a crit group?

SpareInch

• Hipparch
Reply #48 on: March 25, 2015, 04:43:22 AM
Did you message Eytanz? Only the other guy who said 'Message me' isn't about any more.

The group is still going strong, and even just posting here should get you noticed. It worked for me :D

I don't know how much Eytan is about RIGHT now, but apparently, only he knows how to work the magic locks and let people in. When the Crit Group shows up at the top of the writing forum, you're in. ;)

Aaronvlek

• Palmer
Reply #49 on: April 08, 2015, 03:49:04 AM
So, howdy. If I want to join the critique group and want to get "noticed" (not something I've ever gad a problem with) by posting, is that anywhere on the forum, or here specifically? I'm next to new(old fart) but newb to you.   ???