Author Topic: Exclusive Stories for Forumites (or "The I <3 Escape Artists Thread!")  (Read 108741 times)

Sylvan

• Palmer
    • The Darken Hollow
Y'know, I only post on the forums now and then:  usually when a particular story really tweaks my brain in just the right way. I tried, for a while, to post every week to every new Escape Pod, Pseudopod, and Pod Castle story that came down the feed but -well- it felt forced.

But over the years, between my posts on my LJ and my raving to friends, I think I've built up quite a few missives on the various 'Pods.

Looking back on all the fantastic tales I've listened to, here, I think I know my favorites:

EP038: L'Alchimista
EP046: Natural Order
EP123: Niels Bohr and the Sleeping Dane
EP146: Edward Bear and the Very Long Walk
EP184: As Dry Leaves That Before the Wild Hurricane Fly

PP094: The Skull-Faced Boy
PP100: The Music of Erich Zann
PP129: Bottle Babies
PP152: Hometown Horrible
PP178: The Tamga

PC003: Run of the Fiery Horse
PC008: The Osteomancer's Son
PC060: The Evolution of Trickster Stories Among the Dogs of North Park After the Change
PC062: The Fiddler of Bayou Teche
PC086: Tio Gilberto and the Twenty-Seven Ghosts

It's hard to say, really, since I find it very difficult to choose. But, again and again, these are the tales I come back to and listen to again and again.

Yours,
Sylvan (Dave)

woodchuck

• Extern
I'm glad that I heard about this offer. It has prompted me to finally jump in the pool and make a comment on my first story (Black Feather).  BTW...I still have Sean Connery burned on my retinas; I'm not sure it will go away on its own.

kristofor.wilson

• Extern
My first comment on a story was pretty lame, though I promise to do better.  I'm at work though and didn't want to forget so figured I'd start out with a small one.

This got me to sign up here, so your evil plot worked.

I love the podcasts btw.  So far I've mostly been listening to Pod Castle, but I've started on Escape Pod now that I've listened to everything I could get in iTunes.

Bunchberry

• Extern
A fantastic idea!  Looking forward to all the stories.  :D

Raruss1

• Extern
Thank for the extra stories, starting in July I usually let the Pseudopods build up and listen to them in a pre Halloween marathon.

Brenta

• Extern
Oooh, the best part of Halloween is story time! Sign me up for more stories!

Loof

• Extern
Gotta say, this is what made me finally sign up to the forum, and I'm glad I have.

thegreatzandrini

• Extern
I've been way behind listening to the podcasts, but I finally caught up (and just in time!).  I've only posted once so far but please may I have more stories?

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
WANT.

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising

Maestro-Orpheus

• Extern
I just joined and posted.... really looking forward to some AWESOME fiction :-D!!! I've been listening to Escape Pod (and Pseudopod and Podcastle) as long as i can remember them being around.... I always look forward to the new episodes. Keep up the great stories!

zcarter80

• Extern
Your awesomeness knows no bounds! I was wondering though if Steve has written anything lately? Not to say you all sit in high-backed leather chairs enjoying high tea together but over all i would really like for one of the exclusives to be by him. May just be wishful thinking. also i had a though that maybe with Norm helping out over there from time to time that maybe you (Dave), Rachel, Ben, Mur, Alisdare, and our other hosts would be willing to each do a drabble and post it like a flash special? just an idea. thanx for listening. . . Or reading in this case!

zcarter80

• Extern
Your awesomeness knows no bounds! I was wondering though if Steve has written anything lately? Not to say you all sit in high-backed leather chairs enjoying high tea together but over all i would really like for one of the exclusives to be by him. May just be wishful thinking. also i had a though that maybe with Norm helping out over there from time to time that maybe you (Dave), Rachel, Ben, Mur, Alisdare, and our other hosts would be willing to each do a drabble and post it like a flash special? just an idea. thanx for listening. . . Or reading in this case!

bunnmr

• Extern
Sign me up please

magnusnorthlander

• Extern
Just what I needed to get on here and post something.

Gorbash

• Extern
I'm by nature a lurker, and due to my erratic listening schedule I live in constant fear of committing thread necromancy... but may I sign up as well?

ElectricPaladin

• Hipparch
  • Holy Robot
    • Burning Zeppelin Experience
I'm by nature a lurker, and due to my erratic listening schedule I live in constant fear of committing thread necromancy... but may I sign up as well?

Reach not beyond the borders of life, or the Wardens will come to cut off your head...

Captain of the Burning Zeppelin Experience.

Help my kids get the educational supplies they need at my Donor's Choose page.

sixftflame

• Extern
  • It is easier to ask forgiveness, than permission.
Okay, so my 2nd post on the forum is to ask for free stuff, but hey... gotta do what ya gotta do, right?  I'll sign on the dotted line, once I quit blinking to erase the S. Connery image.  I'll never look at him the same way again!

It's easier to ask forgiveness, than permission

Swamp

• Hipparch
    • Journey Into... podcast

Reach not beyond the borders of life, or the Wardens will come to cut off your head...

Thread necromancy is perfectly fine, despite the red warning text.  In fact, when for a story comments thread, it is heartily encouraged.  The only thing that is frowned upon is digging up an old religion vs. science debate (or something like that) and trying to light a spark under it.

Facehuggers don't have heads!

Come with me and Journey Into... another fun podcast

ElectricPaladin

• Hipparch
  • Holy Robot
    • Burning Zeppelin Experience

Thread necromancy is perfectly fine, despite the red warning text.  In fact, when for a story comments thread, it is heartily encouraged.  The only thing that is frowned upon is digging up an old religion vs. science debate (or something like that) and trying to light a spark under it.

Tell that to the Wardens. They're a bunch of jerks.

Captain of the Burning Zeppelin Experience.

Help my kids get the educational supplies they need at my Donor's Choose page.

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir

Tell that to the Wardens. They're a bunch of jerks.

HEY!!!   >:(

Who let Electric Paladin out of the dungeon and gave him his head back? Somebody call the man with the axe...

nitrohepcat

• Extern
What a great idea to get people more involved in the forums! I would like to gin in on this exclusive content and will make sure to begin reading and posting!
I <3 Escape Artists !!!!
Thanks everybody at Escape Artists for putting on such a great show, week in and week out. And thanks Steve E. for staring it all. We miss you man!!
Best Regards

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Please Sir, May I have some Mur?

This one was my favorite.  It made me giggle.  :)

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots

I can confirm this.  If the punishment for thread necromancy were beheading, then I would have, oh, negative several-hundred heads by now.  And, then I'd be roaming the countryside looking for heads to take from other people.  Judging by the lack of headless people in Minnesota's countryside, I think you're safe.

SGAcreative

• Extern
I don't post often, especially now that we can't post directly on the blogs, but I'm definitely interested in more stories!